Credentialing Associate at Wheel
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:31 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, August 14, 2021
Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
The Credentialing Associate will play an important role in maintaining and executing our credentialing processes and procedures to ensure that our network of providers can practice compliantly. You will support Wheel’s Credentialing process in compliance with all Federal, State, Health Plan, and NCQA Standards, and may assist with licensing expansion.
- Manage internal and external new credentialing files, including obtaining and evaluating primary source verification of provider credentials, maintaining currency of expired verifications, and ensuring the completeness of a file to perform verification of credentials
- Act as a the first-line communicator with clinicians, healthcare entities, external verification sources and services, and internal teams
- Update and maintain a current and accurate, system-wide data repository for provider information, including establishing and updating provider profiles within our database
- Ensure adherence to all defined credentialing - for both Wheel provider privileges and enrollments, where applicable
- Assist credentialing, licensing, support, and other teams in responding to internal or clinician questions on credentialing procedures and status
- 1+ years credentialing experience
- Demonstrated experience with NCQA credentialing policies and procedures and delegated credentialing
- Adaptable self-starter comfortable working in a startup where things move at lightning speed
- Clear communicator with excellent attention to detail, organization, and prioritization skills
- Team player that enjoys working cross-functionally
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description