The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for an experienced leader to inspire and manage the CRM Business Systems team responsible for delivering well-architected solutions that best use the CRM platforms. You will work closely with multiple business operations teams as they define their operations strategy and roadmap. You will collaborate with peer engineering leaders bridging the gap between the operational side of the business and the core products. You will set the vision and architecture of large transformational initiatives and provide technical oversight and mentorship for a team of skilled CRM administrators, developers and integration engineers to deliver business critical initiatives. This is a highly visible role, strategic to the business, with significant impact to the end-to-end MongoDB customer experience.Responsibilities
- Perform hands-on solution design, solution architectures, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as the need arises in support of current and new projects
- Architect customizations and projects for the Quote-to-Order suite of products, including Salesforce CPQ (configure/price/quote) and Conga Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM).
- Collaborate with PMO to balance conflicting interests across the organization, to define and deliver a clear CRM roadmap for Sales, Support, Professional Services, Commercialization, Deal Desk, Finance, Product and Engineering.
- Architect all aspects of Salesforce, including design of robust, scalable and flexible solution architectures for implementation, configuration, custom development, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime.
- Manage CRM Technologies vendor relationships activities including product selection, renewal, license management, and issues resolution.
- Analyze and audit the security of the Salesforce system and business processes, discover and address security & control issues and build processes and automation
- Report initiatives status to leadership, including budget, risks and general business issues
- Develop and retain a highly motivated team
- BS or MS degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience providing Sales and Service Cloud configuration, development and support on Salesforce, FinancialForce and Xactly platforms
- Functional knowledge of the Marketing, Sales, and Support operations is required
- Experience in implementing Salesforce CPQ. Familiarity with subscriptions, guided selling, product configuration, pricing, sales compensation, quote-to-cash, bookings and renewals
- Multiple certifications in Salesforce preferably Sales Cloud and CPQ
- Good understanding of continuous integration and delivery and automated testing processes.
- Experience in migration to Lightning from Classic.
- Must have worked on highly customized salesforce.com instances with large volume data and heavy integrations with external business applications.
- Implementation hands-on experience with Salesforce.com encompassing developer toolkit (Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, Visualforce, LWC, Aura, Force.com IDE, Migration Tools, Web Services) as well as Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, Eclipse Force.com IDE), scripted data loader, web services, cloud or on-premise middleware (like Dell Boomi etc.) and other enterprise integrating technologies.
- Experience developing product roadmaps and architectural reference diagrams
- Experience working with offshore or remote development teams.
- Understanding of Agile working practices.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audience
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.