Customer Service Representative
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
To continue to build a culture of world-class service we are looking for dynamic individuals to work directly with property owners and managers who list their inventory to HomeAway’s distribution network.
To be successful in this role, you thrive in a culture of rapid growth, frequent change, are technically inclined, and possess the ability to think creatively. You are a Professional Problem Solver by building positive rapport and communicating appropriately with different personality types. You are also a Specialized Consultant for all things HomeAway, guiding our customers around the site to help make their business and listing experience as successful as possible. You show integrity and remain calm and collected under pressure. We want team members who are not just going to get the job "done" but will go above and beyond to delight our customers.
This position has openings at HomeAway’s RPP and Penn Field Offices.
Expected start date: March 25, 2018
What you'll do:
- Support property owners, property managers and travelers by providing excellent service via phone and/or e-mail contacts
- Help to analyze and identify issue severity levels and follow appropriate escalation procedures
- Be the customer’s primary point of contact through resolution and delight the customer throughout that process
- Educate customers in best practices for using HomeAway applications
- Stay up-to-date on product changes in order to provide accurate and thorough support
- Advocate for customer needs by suggesting customer experience improvements
- Meet appropriate productivity and quality levels in support of world-class service standards
- Apply the proper service etiquette to satisfy various customer situations
- Display flexibility towards shifts as per business requirements
- Assist with process and knowledge base documentation as needed to help further the team’s overall knowledge in support of customers
Who you are:
- Key competencies:
- Questioning and listening skills that support effective communication
- Strong judgment to handle special telephone tasks like call transfers, taking messages, call backs, holds, interruptions, and unintentional disconnects
- Ability to adapt quickly to product and procedure changes
- Must be detail and service-oriented
- Moderate supervision needed; demonstrates initiative to handle more tasks independently
- Required qualifications:
- 2+ Years of customer service experience, preferable experience in a technical contact center, but not limited to
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite and CRM systems
- High level of determination to follow issues through to resolution
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and dynamically prioritize tasks
- Ability to receive and apply daily coaching
- Minimum typing skills of 50 wpm
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting B2B software
- Sales experience
- Experience with CRM systems (Salesforce, etc.)
- Industry pluses: classified listings websites, travel websites, online advertising, or B2C websites
- Foreign languages skills, such as fluency in Spanish, French, Italian and German, are a plus but are not required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but will accept equivalent experience in field
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.