Customer Service Training Specialist at Expedia Group
Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years' experience in a dynamic, technical environment. You will have strong instructional design skills for both classroom environments and eLearning. Proven ability of fair, consistent classroom management as well as empowering facilitation with adult learners. You possess a data driven mind that can invent effective solutions based on assessment analysis.
- Design, develop and implement training curriculum. This includes practice exercises, knowledge checks, assessment and other elements designed to drive knowledge retention
- Demonstrate instructional design skills to determine the optimal way to chunk, sequence, and structure content
- Development of creative, interactive, and engaging eLearning content
- Work closely with the entire Global Training Team to design and develop eLearning strategy
- Coordinate with various subject matter experts, team members and key stakeholders throughout the design, development and implementation process
- LMS administration to maintain, organize and distribute training curriculum
- Review and revise course content based on student feedback and product updates
- Assist in maintaining a global training curriculum
Required for this position:
- Bachelor's degree required or an equivalent combination of education and training experience
- 3-5 years experience in a corporate training role
- Experience building curriculum for technical classroom environments. This includes creation of engaging learning activities and assessments that challenge learners beyond standard knowledge check
- Experience producing eLearning materials in softwares such as Articulate360, Storyline, Camtasia, Captivate, etc.
- Extensive experience with MS Office, including; Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to create actionable and measurable objectives
- Proven ability to develop relationships with leadership and other departmental partners
- Classroom management experience in an adult learning environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Validated ability to work well independently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Passion and integrity with a dedication to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Should have ability to possibly travel internationally if needed (less than 5%)
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Experience building courses for call center environments
- Experience managing and navigating a LMS such as Saba
- Understanding of working in an Agile organizational environment
- If selected for an interview, be prepared to provide work samples and present training materials.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.