Within Cognite North America, the Customer Success team is responsible for engagement management, customer adoption of our solutions, and growth of Cognite's impact within our customers' digital transformation efforts. We consist of people with diverse and high-performance backgrounds, ranging from Management Consulting, to Industry and to Software development. We seek to continuously improve how we work with our clients, how we work together as a team, and how we develop as individuals.What You'll Do
The Customer Success Director (CSD) is responsible for the overall value realization of our largest customers post-sale, including the definition and execution of their customer success plan, the achievement of their business goals, and the adoption of our product to drive greater ROI and satisfaction. As a CSD, you will develop long-term relationships with your portfolio of assigned customers, connecting with key business executives and IT stakeholders, developing an understanding of their business requirements and goals, and how they are using Cognite. Your primary goal is to ensure that Cognite customers achieve their desired outcomes and renew their subscription. This role will work closely with Sales and Account Management teams in cross-functional pods aligned around a specific industry.
The CSD must also be a proven project manager, and mentor other customer success team members. Typical customer engagements require a team consisting of data scientists, solution architects, and domain experts to design, develop, and operationalize digital solutions across various industries. The position will give you a unique opportunity to work with and learn from people with various backgrounds in business, software, and industry.
You will also have the role of translator and coordinator between the customers and Cognite’s R&D and Product Management teams and advise on development priorities. This means that you need to be a good communicator, enjoy working closely with people to solve challenging problems and be able to understand complex technology. You will be expected to quickly understand Cognite's offering so that you can connect the customer’s desired outcome with Cognite software, leveraging a comprehensive understanding of Cognite's products, identifying expansion opportunities for account managers to close.Who You Are
- Have 8+ years of experience in customer-facing roles with increasing responsibility in software customer success, project delivery, sales, and/or management consulting
- Experience with customer success or other related functions. Experience at a high-growth scale-up organization preferred
- Familiarity with Gainsight or equivalent technology is preferred
- Have a Bachelors in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or similar (Masters/MBA preferred)
- Have experience from industrial digitalization projects or product development of IoT, cloud solutions, or machine learning models
- Have a rich understanding of customer success methodologies and practices including (but not limited to) segmentation, customer journey, customer health scoring, etc
- Knowledge of heavy asset industry – oil & gas, power & utilities, or manufacturing
- Able to manage complex stakeholder landscapes (customers, end-users, internal resources, partners, etc.)
- Possess strong writing, presentation, and communication skills, including the ability to chair meetings or host webinars
- Comfortable and confident in running executive system review meetings, engaging with C-level sponsors
- Reliable to work independently, demonstrate objectivity, and exhibit sound reasoning in a dynamic and ambiguous working environment
- Enjoy challenges and dare to set ambitious goals that drive innovation within a fast growing global tech company
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and humility to learn from mistakes
- Work alongside a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join [email protected] for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on agility and speed, openness, togetherness, impact, and obligation to speak up
- Join a team that truly lives their values and brings their whole selves to Cognite --> watch some of our Cognite Voices | Carlo Caso, Katrine Tjølsen, Petter Reistad.
- Competitive Compensation + 401(k) with employer matching
- Exceptional Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- FriYay Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway with offices in Japan and America, Cognite has garnered the attention and partnership of some of the world's top industrial and tech companies, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Boston Consulting Group, Bloomberg, Digital Energy Journal, and Houston Chronicle. Google awarded Cognite Google Cloud Technology Partner of the Year 2019 for Manufacturing and Austin Business Journal named Cognite 2020 Best Places to Work.