Customer Success Manager, Customer Success Operations at Blackbaud
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for bringing best practices and most current trends to customers, helping them drive greater business value with Blackbaud solutions through the four pillars of Customer Success: Adoption, Customer Success, Renewals and Business Support.
Responsibilities: CSM, Senior
- Demonstrates exceptional skills in communicating with executives and senior managers.
- Rapidly identifies the significance of information and insightfully determines strategic action.
- Develops outstanding strategic ongoing customer relationships gaining trust and respect for the company.
- Handles professionally even the most difficult or sensitive situations with external parties, turning negative or adversarial situations into positive results for Blackbaud.
- Serves as a “go to” for less experienced CSMs, providing mentoring and guidance.
- Onboard new customers, ensuring that the customer understands how to contact and leverage support and training
- Repeat onboarding with any upgrade/new release with a major version change, or within 30 days of employee turnover within the account.
- Review new release details with customers during success calls
- Deliver industry expertise and communicate to customers about best practices and trends
- Develop and manage success plans in partnership with account team.
- Generate employee sales leads within the installed base.
- Ensure a seamless renewal process for all customers, including but not limited to:
- Confirming that auto-renewal notices were received 75 days before renewal date
- Validating that any increase in price or change in scope of the upcoming renewal is understood at least 180 days in advance of the renewal date
- Ensuring that the customer understands the cancellation policy completely, wherein written notification must be received for cancellation more than 45 days before the renewal date.
- Create & maintain (green/yellow/red) Health score for customers, based on data related to behavior (number and frequency of support cases, CSM interactions, on-time payments, product issues, training attendance, usage levels).
Competencies & Qualifications
- Exudes confidence and instills confidence in others
- Experience and success in fostering open communication & candid discussions at all levels of the organization, even on highly sensitive topics
- The ability to think globally and incisively, taking a broad view of all variables that could impact future success
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant nonprofit or customer success experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and credibility with C-level executives