Customer Success Manager, Senior
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for bringing best practices and most current trends to customers, helping them drive greater business value with Blackbaud solutions through the four pillars of Customer Success: Adoption, Customer Success, Renewals and Business Support.
Responsibilities: CSM, Senior
- Demonstrates exceptional skills in communicating with executives and senior managers.
- Rapidly identifies the significance of information and insightfully determines strategic action.
- Develops outstanding strategic ongoing customer relationships gaining trust and respect for the company.
- Handles professionally even the most difficult or sensitive situations with external parties, turning negative or adversarial situations into positive results for Blackbaud.
- Serves as a “go to” for less experienced CSMs, providing mentoring and guidance.
- Onboard new customers, ensuring that the customer understands how to contact and leverage support and training
- Repeat onboarding with any upgrade/new release with a major version change, or within 30 days of employee turnover within the account.
- Review new release details with customers during success calls
- Deliver industry expertise and communicate to customers about best practices and trends
- Develop and manage success plans in partnership with account team.
- Generate employee sales leads within the installed base.
- Ensure a seamless renewal process for all customers, including but not limited to:
- Confirming that auto-renewal notices were received 75 days before renewal date
- Validating that any increase in price or change in scope of the upcoming renewal is understood at least 180 days in advance of the renewal date
- Ensuring that the customer understands the cancellation policy completely, wherein written notification must be received for cancellation more than 45 days before the renewal date.
- Create & maintain (green/yellow/red) Health score for customers, based on data related to behavior (number and frequency of support cases, CSM interactions, on-time payments, product issues, training attendance, usage levels).
Competencies & Qualifications
- Exudes confidence and instills confidence in others
- Experience and success in fostering open communication & candid discussions at all levels of the organization, even on highly sensitive topics
- The ability to think globally and incisively, taking a broad view of all variables that could impact future success
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant nonprofit or customer success experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and credibility with C-level executives
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.