Customer Success Manager
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy believes each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation each team member will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors and to pursue individual career growth.
As a Customer Success Manager, you work closely with all of the GoDaddy products and services teams – including PWS, Hosting, Security, SEO, GoDaddy Social, and C3 to ensure the successful onboarding of our marketing influencers/spokespeople.
Success for this position is illustrated by the Customer Success Manager’s ability to build trusting relationships with each marketing influencer/spokesperson to determine their current and future product needs as well as appropriately, and without pressure, grow the product portfolio they’re currently using.
An ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of all of GoDaddy’s products and services. They will know who to go to for what and be able to work through challenges as they arise. They will have a keen ability to make and maintain relationships with the marketing influencers/spokesperson in order to clearly communicate which products and services will be most beneficial to them, and be able to communicate how GoDaddy is driving their online presence through the development of success story content.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/PRIMARY FUNCTIONS
- Possess strong relationship building skills to build both internal trust with product/service departments and brand marketing teams as well as externally with marketing influencers/spokespeople
- Capable of predicting issues/concerns and ability to elevate them to the appropriate point of contact and managing to a swift resolution
- Serves as a liaison between the brand, marketing and product owner teams
- Has a deep understanding of all of GoDaddy products and services plus GoDaddy’s competitors in order to confidently recommend appropriate replacements
- Ability to measure existing online presence metrics/analytics and be able to transition those for future tracking on GoDaddy products
- Develops strong partnership with Account Management and Production to determine interdependencies between marketing influencers/spokespeople’s product design and launch with marketing materials releases to ensure all timelines are met in an orderly fashion
- Partners with Business Affairs to have an understanding of talent contracts, GoDaddy products and services pricing and how that translates into marketing influencer/spokesperson’s contracts
- Escalates product and service issues to the respected point of contact – for instance hosting issues are communicated to the hosting team and solved accordingly
- Vets GoDaddy customers based on their product and services used; tools used are either through the CRM database or other tools available
- Defines scope, timeline and costs associated with transitioning online presence products (websites, etc.) from competitive product to GoDaddy; act as project manager throughout the entire process with internal and external partners (Skyhook)
- Deep understanding of the influencers’ personal and/or business brand to ensure their brand is properly represented throughout our partnership
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Deep understanding of GoDaddy organization, products & services and influencer onboarding process required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with co-workers at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills required
- Strong understanding of budgeting and estimating
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees / clients / partners / influencers
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail
- Exceptional initiative and follow-through skills – can anticipate and react to influencer needs before they do
- After hours work to meet the needs of influencers as needed and is required
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.