Customer Success Manager at Jolly
We're hiring a Customer Success Manager
Create and operate a system that ensures users of Jolly 1) understand the ways Jolly solves their immediate problems, 2) begin using and getting value from Jolly, and 3) return consistently to get value from Jolly on an ongoing basis.
Our mission is to end the exploitation era of the gig economy. Jolly is a professional social network for the gig economy, where freelancers and businesses connect to grow their networks, build their reputations and work together freely without a middleman.
Jolly helps freelancers take control of their independent career and find more opportunities to work with great people. For businesses who hire freelancers, Jolly is the fastest and most affordable way to find reliable workers. Tens of thousands of freelancers are already on Jolly, and thousands more are joining each month.
With founders based in Austin, TX and a distributed team across 7 countries, Jolly is part of Techstars Austin’s early 2020 cohort.
This position will be with our core team in Austin, so candidates must be located in Austin or willing to relocate.
Why join our team?
- Be a core part of a high-growth startup backed by Techstars, working as part of a top-performing team of passionate, driven and talented A-players.
- Work directly with our product team by providing data-driven product suggestions based on your knowledge of the users.
- Advance your career by taking on responsibility and decision-making power about how we should support and create value for our users.
- Work within and help define a fun, progressive culture where we invest in ourselves and each other, focusing on overall happiness and continuous improvement.
- Competitive salary plus equity options, with generous PTO.
- Create and manage a system to find and vet new talent (both on and off of Jolly), and facilitate connections between talent and businesses on Jolly.
- Educate Business users about how to grow their network of talent on Jolly, and how to use their network effectively, so they come back to Jolly often to solve their freelancer recruiting problems.
- Serving as a personal “agent,” engage the Freelancer users on Jolly to help them improve their profiles, send better job applications, and find rewarding new work opportunities.
- Use your experience activating and retaining users to develop ideas for new and better ways Jolly can create value for our users. Contribute to product roadmap prioritization.
- General knowledge of the freelancer and temp worker staffing industry
- Experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment
- Awesome, but not required: Experience recruiting for the purpose of growing a network or two-sided service marketplace
- Experience in Customer Success and/or Sales positions
- Not required but strongly preferred: Experience working as a Recruiter in a staffing company, recruiting agency, part of an in-house HR department or at a recruiting-related software company
- Mastery of at least one Applicant Tracking System such as Greenhouse, Jazz, Lever, Bamboo, etc.
- Comfortable interviewing job candidates. Accurate and fast judge of character, reliability, and talent, especially with real-world workers like waitstaff, event setup crew, and brand ambassadors
- Quickly assess & understand what types of workers a business needs in order to solve their problems
- A true love of communicating in both written and verbal contexts like sales, pitching, presenting and public speaking
- Gather, record and synthesize feedback from users. Identify trends, communicate feedback to the entire team in a clear and professional manner, and collaborate to determine followup actions.
- Pay attention to details to better understand and predict problems users will experience.
- Responsible, stress-resistant person who can handle difficult situations with customers/users
- Quick decision-maker and critical thinker who understands that every user/customer is unique and can find an approach to communicating successfully with anyone
- Care deeply about the holistic user experience, never taking a “that’s not my responsibility” approach