Customer Success Operations Manager at Levelset
If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
About the Role
Levelset is looking for an experienced Customer Success (CS) Operations professional to join its team and to level up the CS machine we are building and scaling. The Customer Success Operations Manager is a member of the leadership team and is the driving force behind the operational cadence of the business. This role reports to the Director of Revenue Operations and works closely with the VP of Customer Experience and Customer Success leadership team.
You will build a repeatable, scalable and 5-Star customer experience machine. Through your work in CS operations, and as a member of the Revenue and Customer Success leadership team, you’ll help set the team’s direction and strategic objectives, and will be an important part of communicating the direction & objectives to Levelset’s internal stakeholders. You will work closely with operations personnel in other departments, including Growth, Marketing, and Customer Success to ensure a streamlined and efficient experience for our internal teams, prospects and customers.
In this role as Customer Success Operations Manager at Levelset, you will be pivotal to transforming one of the world’s most far-reaching industries. You will join a special team of people with a fire to create a brand that makes a big impact on millions of businesses and people, empowering people across the world who struggle mightily with cash, to always be able to get what they earn. You will join this mission at a critical moment, right on the heels of a $500 million acquisition, at the ground floor of creating innovative offerings, merging two world-class teams and systems and in a position to accelerate to a career-defining horizon.
What You'll Do
- Own Customer Success Operations while building a strong bridge to marketing operations and sales operations
- Administer and optimize the tech stack, which is built around Salesforce and ChurnZero
- Promote simplicity in the CS workflow and ensure the team can only do the next right thing, through process optimization and automation
- Collaborate with CS Enablement to ensure CS Teams and managers are empowered to utilize all tools and marketing collateral effectively, emphasizing continuous training and learning
- Provide a consolidated technology stack that syncs seamlessly; leading new vendor onboarding and implementation when needed
- Run the operating cadence of the CS team, ensuring that recurring meetings and processes are completed without fail, including weekly leadership and team meetings, monthly all-hands meetings, and monthly comp submissions
- Champion data-driven decisions by building a structure that collects and maintains clean and accurate data that is analyzed and presented as actionable information, enabling all users to trust Salesforce.com and ChurnZero as the source of truth;
- Advise CS leadership through guided decisions by analyzing and interpreting data to uncover actions that will move the needle
- Build reporting and dashboards for individual contributors, managers, and other cross-functional teams to rely on for operational and analytical purposes
- Provide leadership the tools to know if the Customer Success Playbook and team processes are being followed, and uncover and quickly to address any deviations
You must be able to level up the Customer Success Operations function at Levelset to support a 5-Star Customer Success organization that includes Customer Success Managers, Customer Training & OnBoarding, Customer Support, Customer Enablement, and Research Services.
You are an innovator with a proven ability to design new processes, automate and simplify complexity and drive results with a high degree of buy-in from CS leadership, the CS org and cross-functional teams such as Sales and Account Management. You have skills that allow you to solve tactical problems at the ground level, while thinking strategically about the big picture needs of the team.
You have an analytical mind with a deep understanding of data, processes, and technology to drive process improvement at Levelset. You must be passionate about the power of data to impact our business, understanding the importance of designing simple processes that collect and transform data inputs into actionable insights.
You can leverage your prior experience working with Sales or Customer Success Teams that sell to multiple market segments with different products and customer-engagement motions by segment or experience with smaller teams experiencing rapid growth.
Required Experience and Education
- 2+ years of Revenue or Customer Success Operations experience, preferably with a high velocity SaaS company
- Expertise in MS Office or Google Suite productivity tools (especially Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, MS Excel), CS Enablement tools (especially ChurnZero), and other CS tools
- Experience with translating business user requirements into processes, and hands on experience building those new processes into the tech stack and team workflow
Skills That Will Set You Apart
- Ability to write SQL queries and create stored procedures
- Expertise in building and using pivot tables
- Mastery of data visualization, especially through tools like Metabase, Tableau, or Looker
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is 200+ employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.