Customer Success Specialist
As the Customer Success Specialist, you will be one of the original members of a completely new department focused on making the customer onboarding experience a strategic, competitive advantage for PLANOLY. You will be focused on leading the development of online resources aimed at converting users to paid-subscribers, and retaining current customers. In order to succeed in this role you must have the ability to take a macro perspective and understand the customer’s journey from downloading the app, to becoming a product evangelist. You will make decisions based on data and analytics, to drive product adoption and long-term retention.
As a new department this role will be instrumental in overseeing the development of online resources that assist customers through product onboarding, social strategy implementation and education of advanced product features. Some of the tools we are looking to develop include, a community-driven support platform, online video guides, helpdesk-related gifs and webinars for various levels of social media experience. This is a critical role within the business that requires a data-driven, process-oriented, and results-focused individual who can effectively leverage cross functional relationships with our Marketing, Product and Client Service teams to develop a scalable information platform for our customers.
What you will do:
- Build a world-class self-service experience that will be focused on providing users with the fastest path possible towards answering their questions.
- Working closely with the COO you will lead the development of a suite of resources that provides online guidance, help and user-tutorials to our entire customer base.
- Leverage the online platform to drive the conversions from our freemium model to our paid-subscription services, with a keen eye towards customer retention.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of key customer-support metrics to continuously improve the self-guided customer support experience.
- Monitor customer feedback and online commentary to identify product issues and capture product feature request, with a focus on driving insights back to internal product teams.
- Regularly conduct interviews with churned customers to identify why they churned and what we can do to improve the product and/or the customer experience.
- Maintain open communication channels between Marketing, Product and Customer Service to keep each department abreast of the latest self-guided customer support activities.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience with b2c customer support, customer success or account management.
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to break down problems by synthesizing both qualitative and quantitative data
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships and trust throughout an organization, including with senior leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to strike a highly effective balance between process and adaptation
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking - desire and ability to understand the overall needs and objectives of the business
- Experience with CRM tools such as Zendesk, Salesforce and Drift are nice to have, but not necessary.
*This role is not eligible for an employment visa.*
*This role will be based in Austin, Texas - no relocation.*
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
PLANOLY is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified individuals seeking employment without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification.