Customer Success Training Specialist at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About This Role
As a Customer Success Training Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring our Customer Success team is providing high quality, accurate, and timely information to our valued customers across our support channels (phone, chat, and email). You will have the opportunity to build out new processes, set team-wide goals, and drive direct impact to our business and customers. You will work closely with the Customer Success team and leadership to shape Self and how we operate by providing insights on where we can improve as a team, ideas for tool enhancements that will help us scale, and product improvement suggestions for our cross-functional stakeholders.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Own team-level quality score and CSAT KPI’s
- Perform quality review audits on CS team members across channels
- Summarize quality scores into regular reporting for the management team
- Provide coaching to team members to drive performance improvements
- Ideate tool and product improvement opportunities based on quality reviews
- Create training documentation and knowledge base content
- Train new team members
What you will need:
- 3+ years experience in customer service or online operations preferred
- 1+ years experience in a quality review or trainer role preferred
- Strong business problem solving instincts
- High EQ and ability to build rapport with team members and stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to adapt in a fast-moving, startup environment
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Team happy hours and events
- Downtown Austin office space
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.