Customer Support Associate
Named one of the Top 50 Start-Ups by Built In Austin, Skills Fund is the leading lender in the United States for skills-based higher education. We underwrite higher education programs based on their jobs outcomes for students, and offer their students access to competitive financing products that empower them to transform their careers and lives.
Since our founding 3 years ago, we’ve enabled thousands of students to obtain a high return on their education.
What's the opportunity?
- Build trust with our customers. Respond to incoming emails from both students and schools to ensure a seamless loan application and funding process.
- Drive and execute daily responsibilities to exceed established metrics for response times and customer satisfaction.
- Establish relationships with schools to advise on all daily technical and operational matters, including flawlessly and swiftly on-boarding new partners.
- Collaborate with teammates across the company to troubleshoot customer service issues on behalf of our students and schools.
- Be the resident expert in our schools’ daily operational needs. Identify opportunities to innovate and improve Skills Fund product and services to maintain customer momentum.
What does it take to succeed?
Customers: Lives and breathes to delight them.
Attitude: Positive, tenacious, curious, fun, inviting, warm. No BS. Zero office politics. No task is below you.
Qualities: Purpose-driven. Relentless in achieving important results. Have uncommonly high standards and high emotional intelligence. Eager to take ownership. Exquisite ability to shift and focus and juggle many responsibilities at once. Welcome ambiguity and have a bias to action, even in its midst.
Disorders: Email virtuoso – concise, well written, and empathetic. Typo slayer. Adding, subtracting, and percentages – no worries.
Time: You’re ready for game time anytime. 9 – 5 = 4.
Fun: Must know it, have it, and be able to inspire. You find joy in hard work.
Trust: You are a lockbox. Click.
Impact: You’re hungry to be a part of something bigger than yourself. You don’t work just to make money. You work to create significant impact and have extreme dedication to professional and personal growth. You’re looking for an opportunity to build a great career and take on responsibility way above what you would receive in other organizations.