Customer Support Lead (Remote) at Liquibase
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a support operations leader triaging all incoming support tickets
- Take ownership or assign issues to customer support engineers
- Escalate and handle Sev1/Sev2 issues and manage customer expectations for time to resolution
- Answer questions and offer support where the Liquibase community posts questions (such as our forum, Stackoverflow, and Reddit)
- Ensure that tickets receive a response in a timely manner
- Onboard new customers assisting with license management, welcome letters, and kick-off calls
- Improve processes and optimize our usage of support tools
- Monitor the dashboard that tracks SLAs and support metrics and report weekly to management team on the most important metrics
- Able to effectively communicate with customers, Support Engineers and management on high-profile issues critical to the long-term success of the company
- Proven ability to communicate problem/resolution and information/action plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge, mentoring ability, and comfort interacting with all levels of management
- Experience with cross-department communication
- Natural curiosity, passion, integrity, and outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent troubleshooting and issue reproduction skills
- 5-7 years of customer support experience
- Technical experience with Windows and Linux command line interface, as well as a variety of databases including but not limited to Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, Snowflake, etc.
- Familiarity with Java, source control, shell scripting
- Experience with CI/CD, Docker, AWS, Azure is a big plus
- Experience with HubSpot and Jira
- Experience with Liquibase
Perks of life at Liquibase
- A fully remote workforce - we will never ask you to go into an office
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
At Liquibase, we value individual freedom and embrace remote work. We hire internationally, based on merit, to create a diverse team of top-performing people no matter where they live. As a global team, we still highly value collaboration and expect everyone to work similar hours (at least 4 hours overlap with the team in US Central Time).
Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws
Who We Are
Liquibase is the leader in the database release automation segment of the more broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. You can expect to revel in growth across the board — in the number of customers we support, in the experiments we run, in the scope and complexity of our technical projects, and the list goes on.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.