Customer Support Manager (North America) at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!About the Department
The Cloudflare Customer Support Team solves complicated problems and answers highly technical questions via phone, email, and chat. Whether it is a Wordpress blogger using our services for free or a global Enterprise business with petabytes of web traffic, we are always eager to assist. We are the eyes and ears of Cloudflare, acting as the real-time voice of the customer to help communicate their needs and real-world use cases back to the rest of the company - for better service and future product development.What You’ll do
The Cloudflare Customer Support Manager (North America) is responsible for delivering a world-class support experience to our customers. This role will report to the Head of Support and work closely with all members of Cloudflare's Support team. As an experienced support leader, you will set strategy, establish priorities, hire and mentor a group of top technical talent, and implement unparalleled support systems and processes to develop a world-class global support team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hands-on customer support and service leader who can rapidly learn the Cloudflare value proposition and work with customers of all sizes to make them successful on our service. In this role you will work with a broad spectrum of Cloudflare teams, from Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to Product and Engineering, to ensure a smooth customer experience.
You will oversee 2 primary U.S. support offices (San Francisco and Austin) providing strong leadership and a strategic vision to Support Team Leads and Engineers. With you in place, we are able to provide 24x7 Follow-the-Sun Support by coordinating with counterparts in EMEA and APAC. You will recruit and train in the use of industry best practices, established methodologies and documented procedures, all to develop a superior team. As the manager, you will continually review operational performance to determine opportunities for improvement.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Defining, tracking and reporting on key performance indicators to determine support effectiveness and efficiency. Create and present key support metrics to share with the company and executive team, and highlight any points of concern or areas of improvement.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to resolve complex technical issues, document product bugs and influence our product roadmap.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering, Customer Support and Sales on technical issues affecting our customers.
- 5+ years of customer support management experience
- Extensive experience managing a global support team
- Experience managing steady team growth, hiring, and training
- Experience with workforce management and scheduling software and process
- Exhibits conﬁdence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving technical and business problems.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Eﬀectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Manages customer expectations and escalations eﬀectively.
- Experience in fostering broad usage of support forums and knowledge repositories.
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.