Customer Support Specialist (Shift Sat - Wed 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.) at AlertMedia
A Customer Support Specialist is responsible for promptly handling an array of front-facing duties. Some of these tasks including interacting with customers over the phone, via email and live chat. Throughout all of these interactions, the Customer Support Specialist must maintain a high level of professionalism, as a representative of AlertMedia.
Who you are:
You'd be excited to buy into our "customer love" mentality and are motivated by going above and beyond for the customers you serve. Ideally, you have 1-2 years of experience in customer support. You are a team player, have a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality when it comes to AlertMedia customers needing support. You are motivated by cheerfully, promptly and professionally helping resolve customer issues whether it be by email, phone call or customer chat. You value a "we're all in this together" mentality with your team and enjoy on-going training and increasing your product knowledge.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Support AlertMedia customers by assessing inbound tickets and live chats inquiring about product issues and general account questions in a prompt manner.
- Communicate with professionalism and empathy as you work to resolve customer issues.
- With the help of our Learning & Development Manager, stay updated on product knowledge.
- Manage customer tickets within our case queue.
- Go the extra mile in interacting with our customers, ensuring they have a “world class” support experience.
- Escalate advanced customer cases to the appropriate team members.
- Collaborate with fellow team members, sharing your experiences and knowledge.
- Shift is Saturday through Wednesday from 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- 2+ year’s experience in a customer support role is preferable.
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
- Familiarity with Zendesk, Slack, Excel, or similar
- Tons of energy, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- A passion for continual learning with a desire and willingness to be coached
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Strong listening skills
- Thrives with both autonomy and collaboration
- Outstanding communication skills
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- This will be a salaried, non-exempt position (guaranteed base but OT eligible)
- Stock options - Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 4 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.