Data Center Technician at CrowdStrike
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- Unbox, inventory, and deploy servers, storage, and other equipment in racks/cabinets in data centers.
- Cable copper, fiber, and power between servers and end points.
- Troubleshoot failed components.
- Manage vendors by producing clear and supported bug reports and troubleshooting problems.
- Manage supplemental onsite data center contractors.
- Produce periodic status reports on utilization, progress, downtime, performance and costs.
- Work with capacity planning and sales to ensure support needed growth.
- Gather historical trends to use for forecasting growth.
- Troubleshoot performance problems.
- Work with service teams to optimize performance.
- 4+ years experience preferred with direct experience managing servers and/or data centers to support business goals
- Understand and follow optimal standards for cabling
- Familiar with copper and optical network cabling
- Understand power cabling and relationship between Volts, Amperes, Watts.
- Document structured cabling
- Document rack placement
- Document vendor, model, serial numbers
- Lift up to 75 lb
- Familiar with torqueing and methods for securing servers in data center cabinets
- Familiar with command line interfaces
- Basic familiarity with Linux and other common operating systems
- Working knowledge of Excel and able to produce reports
- Familiar with server, storage, and Internet technologies
- Ability to communicate technical detail into succinct and fact-based business terminology, both verbally and in writing
- Customer-focused mindset, with demonstrated skill in managing expectations, providing proactive status updates, and producing high-quality work product
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action to solve problems
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner
- Aversion to buzzwords
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Written and Verbal Fluency in German and English
- Knowledge with routing systems such as Cisco, Linux, Arista.
- Familiarity with PDUs (“Power Distribution Units”)
- Experience running large scale operations in a datacenter
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.