DataCenter Manager, TechOps at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
- Overall responsibility for CrowdStrike’s production owned and leased colocation facilities in the US and EU.
- Specific responsibility for:
- Ensuring Critical Systems Reliability.
- Ensuring proper diversity and redundancy of power.
- Ensuring space planning and efficient utilization.
- Ensuring proper capacity planning for Datacenter Space, Power, and Cooling.
- Selecting, Integrating, Managing and deploying systems to gather telemetry and sensor information about the use and status of the cabinets, cages, and datacenter.
- Managing security for the Datacenters in conjunction with other stakeholders including the Datacenter company as well as other groups inside of CrowdStrike.
- Tracking assets.
- Working with the Deployment Team to coordinate installations in Datacenters
- Working with the Network Engineering Team to coordinate fiber routing, cross-connects, and other telecom and transport requirements
- Working with the Production Systems Team to coordinate planning and deployment of various compute and storage systems
- Other duties as assigned
- View business situations, challenges, and opportunities as an engineer with attention to cost and efficiency
- Demonstrate experience with production environments encompassing multiple sites, multiple levels of diversity, and multiple physical designs
- General understanding of physics, electrical power, and thermodynamics
- Familiarity with Datacenter industry
- General financial understanding to track, report, explainTalin and optimize for cost, spend, and budgets
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products as well as Google Suite
- Familiar with project management and ticketing-systems (e.g. Jira, Microsoft Project, etc)
- Familiar with Network Management Tools
- Comfortable with Spreadsheets
- Familiar with Building Management Systems, DCIM, and other integrated and distributed systems for measuring and monitoring datacenters
- Comfortable operating, managing, running, choosing and coordinating deployment of appropriate systems to gather information, trend and report information, and set an alert on appropriate thresholds or alarms
- Experience managing live site production systems at scale
- Linux Familiarity
- Basic knowledge of IP, WDM, MPLS, and Transport transmission/switching/routing technologies
- 6+ business-related trips per year
- Must work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions
- Demonstrate self-learning capabilities, taking initiative in a fast pace/quickly changing environment
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.