Desktop Support Specialist
The Desktop Support Specialist provides end-user technical support to our employees, routine maintenance, and infrastructure support as part of a close-knit team. Customer service and communications are pivotal to this role.
- Be the first point of contact for all technical support issues via phone, email, and face-to-face.
- Answer incoming calls to the helpdesk and create corresponding trouble tickets.
- Address trouble tickets opened by customers via email.
- Escalate trouble tickets to our infrastructure and development teams as appropriate.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with assistance from our infrastructure team.
- Complete evening and/or weekend project work, as needed.
- Perform basic Active Directory/Exchange administrative tasks.
- Perform user account and end user equipment provisioning.
- Perform hardware and software maintenance / troubleshooting on all end user equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and software.
- Provide support and assistance to local and remote employees.
- Track and document your work clearly and efficiently.
- Assist with administering new and existing systems and software.
- Create documentation of solutions to reported issues, resolution steps, support procedures.
- Document processes and take inventory of systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience creating documentation, how to articles or equivalent
- Proven troubleshooting abilities with a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks, be organized and manage your time
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Ability to setup, install, configure, and troubleshoot basic Windows and Mac applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent self-task management skills
- Associates degree or relevant certifications preferred
- Familiarity with setup, install, and configure of Android and iOS devices preferred
- Familiarity with automated provisioning tools, service desk software preferred
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to lift 25 pounds unassisted
- Able to touch-type at a speed of at least 50 words per minute
Required Education & Experience:
- GED or equivalent is required; some college preferred
- 2+ years experience Microsoft desktop support or equivalent (Windows 8, Office 2013 and up)
- Familiarity with Active Directory – new account setup and configuration, distribution groups, etc. preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.