Amherst is hiring for a Desktop Support Technician to join our IT department to be the first point of contact for Amherst employees experiencing any technical support related issues including but not limited to; software applications, desktop hardware, IP telephony services and printing. You will work at our Main Street Renewal office and occasionally commute to our HQ office at Capital of Texas Highway.
Founded in 1993, Amherst is a financial services company headquartered in Austin, TX. We offer a wide array of brokerage, investment banking and advisory services covering the residential, commercial mortgage and structured finance markets for global institutional investors. We’ve developed cutting edge proprietary analytical tools and methodologies that give us the competitive edge in our broker dealer, origination and asset manager lines of business.
- Interact with Amherst employees over the phone, in person or via video conferencing to bring resolution to reported issues
- Diagnose and research complex issues involving multiple networked systems
- Provide excellent customer service in demanding situations
- Escalate issues to systems & network engineering or security as appropriate
- Manage hardware and software inventory and accurately forecast equipment needs and acquire necessary components to ensure consistent delivery of service to employees
- Install and configure hardware and software on desktop computers and laptops
- 3+ years of desktop support supporting medium to large size businesses
- In depth experience with Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2010/2013
- Process driven with experience utilizing IT ticketing systems
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively identify areas of needed improvement
- Experience with Jabber or Lync and Cisco Call Manager is preferred
- Enthusiastic team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. for equipment installation
- Ability to crouch beneath desks for workstation installation
- Ability to work on ladders for wireless system maintenance, etc.
We are located in a modern and spacious office with breathtaking views of Lake Austin, the 360 Bridge and the rolling hills of Northwest Austin. In addition to continued professional development, we also offer excellent salaries, semi-annual bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package and catered lunches daily!