Desktop Support Technician at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
The CrowdStrike Information Technology team is looking for a Desktop Support Technician to join our team. The IT team is a key component of the CrowdStrike family and is critical to the smooth and effective daily operations of all CrowdStrike team members. This position will facilitate, implement, troubleshoot, problem solve and enhance the IT team’s support, systems and operational responsibilities.
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, robust, fast-paced and challenging environment. Candidates should be interested in expanding their breadth of knowledge, constantly learning new technologies and processes, solving difficult problems, coming up with creative and unorthodox solutions and thinking well on their feet.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as technical problem resolution resource for front line ServiceDesk support and assist with inbound support requests to receive, triage and resolution for internal customers.
- Maintaining an operational knowledge of the latest Mac, Windows and Linux OS server and desktop features, best practices and system/application configurations.
- Managing the fleet of employee computers via monitoring, securing, updating, patching, troubleshooting, automating and optimizing laptop and desktop systems.
- Contribute to streamlining, optimizing and simplifying employee application experiences, improving application usability and interoperability, testing new application releases and researching new solutions to customer demands or recurring problem sets.
- Configuring new-hire systems and performing IT on-boarding for new employees.
- Acting as a local resource for hands and eyes assistance in the server/networking room. Potential occasional travel to remote offices for similar projects (travel one to two times per year within continental US).
- Collaborating with (getting help from or providing help to) more senior system and network engineers and other teams’ subject matter experts with projects, problem resolution, or initiatives.
- Researching, installing and evaluating new products and services for deployment to internal customers.
- Implementing, improving and documenting new and existing policies, procedures and processes for IT systems.
- Maintain inventory, assist with asset procurement, delivery and shipping.
- Support for A/V equipment in the conference rooms.
- Assist in supporting the Executives in the office as necessary.
- Communication: patience, tenacity and follow-through in tracking, troubleshooting and bringing to resolution internal customer support calls.
- Explaining computer concepts/procedures/policies to non-technical internal customers; collaborating and coordinating with members of other teams to track, isolate and resolve technical issues.
- Strong task management skills: ability to prioritize, triage, resolve and escalate in an efficient and effective manner.
- Beginning to Intermediate knowledge of OS concepts and Active Directory account creation and maintenance with some OU and Security Group management.
- Tangible understanding of security best practices, worst practices, concepts and real-world application.
- Must speak fluent English, possess a valid United States driver’s license and own a working vehicle.
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs.
- Scripting: experience with scripting or reverse engineering scripts in PowerShell/Linux
- Systems management and automation: experience with WSUS, basic Group Policy and automation services
- Networking concepts: basic network concepts and troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, DNS, IP addressing, connectivity troubleshooting, cabling (straight through vs crossover, patch panels and patch ports, tracing/toning cables and troubleshooting wiring issues, etc...)
- Familiarity with Linux: understanding of the Linux command line, services, data manipulation, installation and high-level system operation.
- Exposure to scripting for task automation (JAMF/GHOST/ACRONIS/SCCM)
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.