Director, Austin Renewal Center at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Director of the Austin Renewal Center is responsible for our Stabilized and TIP Renewals, Notice to Vacates and Resident Change Addendums. The position requires a leader who can balance a hands-on approach with visionary and innovative leadership for the department. The Director should excel under pressure and deadlines while ensuring organization and accuracy.
- Oversee the operations of the Austin Renewal Center, including the design, implementation, and refinement of Asset Management’s monthly and quarterly campaigns. .
- Provide leadership for the Renewals function to ensure the team is able to execute multiple Renewal Offers with different requirements from each investment group based on a revenue management strategy.
- Partner with the Directors within the company in other departments to manage resident satisfaction for customers in order to maximize retention.
- Co-develop organizational plans to meet Asset Management goals and company programs as a strategic partner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of internal systems, reporting technology, and project management best practices to ensure the renewals team is managing the expiring population and executing renewals before the resident lease expires.
- Use your subject matter experience and expertise in property operations to optimize our policies and procedures.
- Establish work standards, develop objectives and design/maintain effective workflows and operating procedures.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent experience) in related field
- At least 5 years of property management experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- At least 3 years of prior management experience required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, and interpersonal skills that encourage teamwork.
- Experience with Yardi & Salesforce preferred
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.