Director, Commercial Technology Strategy at Sysco LABS
About Sysco Labs:
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
The Commercial Technology Strategy Director will collaborate with the VP, Commercial Technology to establish and drive the overall technology strategy for Sysco LABS and Sysco Foods, including digital commerce and marketing, pricing technology and inclusive of the overall digital customer experience. The proper candidate will leverage deep domain knowledge to consult with strategy and business leaders to understand, apply, monetize and operationalize existing, new and emerging technologies to transform and optimize business and operating models. They will be a strategic thinking with the ability to dig into details and form an executable strategy and to work with cross-functional teams to bring strategic initiatives to bear.
- Drive integrated roadmaps across domain area to ensure technology strategy is sufficient and aligned to meet key business objectives Assess near-term and long-term needs to establish and direct business technology priorities with the goal of optimizing the technology focus areas to maximize value to the business.
- Execute organizational work models and processes to meet business requirements. Ensure the business and operating models fit together by demonstrating the interdependences between components and that the business model story makes sense.
- Operationalize a toolbox of business architecture deliverables to help business leaders identify and make technology investment decisions. Deliverables include, but are not limited to: strategy roadmaps with business aligned KPIs, strategy documents to guide prioritization, scenario planning, business capability modeling, value-streams mapping, business process models, ecosystems modeling, customer and user profiling, journey maps, human-centric design and investment roadmaps.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to business leaders, business units and lines of business, helping them with design thinking, business modeling, ecosystem modeling, innovation management, IT investment analysis, and operating model design.
- Drive and own adoption of new technology and the reuse of existing technology for enabling business capabilities, value streams and business processes.
- Collaborate with technology architecture and product teams to establish strategic vision in a viable and executable
- Hire, lead and develop a team of strategic professionals with the ultimate goal of optimizing technology to drive accelerated business outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience.
- Eight years of technology experience with three or more years of business or IT experience with a direct responsibility for strategy formulation and/or translation, business analytics, and program management.
- Five years of people management and/or team lead experience.
- Leadership experience in one or more of the following areas: business transformation and optimization, strategic planning, leadership, business relationship management and business process management.
- Experience facilitating and leading multi-disciplined, high-performance teams.
- M.B.A. or related technical Master’s degree.
- Experience in the food, distribution or hospitality industry.
- Experience in an agile environment.
- Experience in strategy consulting environment
Perks at Sysco LABS:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6th St, (walking distance to the MetroRail)
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
At Sysco LABS you will be part of a team that values trust, learning, and working together to solve problems. Your efforts will help to build groundbreaking experiences for our customers. Come join us!
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.