Director, Corporate Development Strategy at Procore Technologies
Construction affects the lives of nearly everyone in the world. It’s a $10T global industry, employing 7% of the world’s population. However, it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries. Construction is in need of transformation, and Procore is right at the forefront. Will you join our journey?
With six acquisitions in the last three years, we’re looking for a Director, Corporate Development Strategy to drive Procore’s growth through acquisitions, strategic investments, and other strategic opportunities. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to define corporate development strategies and priorities, manage the pipeline, and support the financial and strategic evaluation of targets.
As Director, Corporate Development Strategy, you’ll source and research multiple transaction theses, conducting analyses to provide guidance and insight into potential acquisitions and investments. You’ll guide various stakeholders through both the deal evaluation and execution lifecycle, by managing the due diligence and close process, identifying key risks, validating deal value drivers, performing valuation analyses, and liaising with internal teams and counterparties.
This position reports to the VP, Corporate Development and will be based in our Austin or Carpinteria offices. Remote candidates will be considered. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Support the entirety of the corporate investing and M&A processes, including strategy and research, opportunity sourcing, diligence and valuation, negotiation, deal execution, and close in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Partner with product, strategy, and business development teams to identify potential strategic investment, partnership, and acquisition opportunities
- Develop and manage deal pipeline, engage in outreach, and build strong relationships with both potential targets and partners in the industry and in the investment community
- Leverage a thorough understanding of corporate and product strategies to articulate strategic implications of new partnerships, investments, and acquisition opportunities to executive leadership and stay up to date with the competitive landscape
- Assist in strategic transaction planning, vetting, and decision-making efforts, by gathering input from cross-functional teams, conducting valuation modeling and strategic fit analyses, assessing industry and competitive trends, and incorporating comprehensive internal and external views into business cases, recommendations, and memos for potential opportunities
- Manage due diligence and close process for both investments and acquisitions, partnering closely with the M&A integration team and cross-functional deal execution team to prioritize workflows, build clear project plans with action item owners, and define deliverables and decision-making processes
- Regularly monitor and report on the performance of strategic investments and acquisitions to senior management and actively work to improve practices and processes to scale Corporate Development at Procore
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, including corporate development, venture capital, investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity, or a comparable position combining analytical, operational, and strategic skill sets
- Bachelor's degree required with a proven history of high achievement, candidates with an MBA preferred
- Experience sourcing, analyzing, and managing a broad array of investment and M&A transactions and the supporting processes and documentation required
- Strong analytical and modeling skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation, and broad quantitative and market analyses, and familiarity with accounting and SaaS business metrics and KPIs
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills, including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, business judgment, crisp communication, and ability to generate action through influence and engagement
- Previous SaaS and software industry or consulting experience or strategic understanding of the construction industry market a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.