As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Director of Corporate Security that will be responsible for enabling security focused applications, framework controls, and physical devices. This role is critical to the success of the business and requires strong collaboration, deep understanding of security and privacy frameworks, and tenure managing corporate security infrastructure. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who pays close attention to detail with the ability to socialize risks and outcomes in a clear and consistent manner. Experience with systems, encryption, securing SaaS applications, and protecting the integrity of employee’s are paramount to building a highly efficient corporate security team.
Why Join us? Our Corporate Security team at Workrise is helping to build a modern and scalable platform for the future of the skilled labor workforce. You will own all the corporate security functions within the security organization. Working with key stakeholders across the business will enable you to drive how people work, interact, and obtain assets. Building data sources that integrate with the security platform will be a key focus in creating a holistic view into corporate employee’s actions and controls. Protecting users, issuing assets, developing integrations, and ensuring the business can execute at speed are core functions of this role. functions of this role.What you’ll be doing:
- Partnering and collaborating with all business units to roll out, refactor, and enforce corporate security controls.
- Collaborating with the IT organization to validate the integrity of endpoints, devices, and systems.
- Driving information collection as it relates to SaaS based systems and services.
- Working with data from both internal and external data sources.
- Building tools and workflows that regulate the distribution of assets, secrets, and keys.
- Building out a PKI infrastructure with a focus on ease of use and deployment.
- Auditing data as it relates to corporate users found in common systems such as G Suite, Bettercloud, and third party systems.
- Working with first and third parties systems, subsidiaries, and vendors to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring proper physical security at office locations and training facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of building security and privacy controls and procedures.
- Experience with diverse businesses with multiple acquisitions.
- Experience leveraging security systems to raise risks and concerns across the business.
- 2+ years working as a Corporate security leader.
- 2+ years experience leveraging risk modeling, tooling, and reporting.
- 2+ years experience running security teams that focus on asset telemetry and users.
- Experience or exposure to modern software development practices.
- Experience with common security methodologies, terminology, and culture.
- Experience building a security focused culture and mindset.
- 2+ years experience educating users, operators, and administrators on security best practices.
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!