COLLABORATIVE | CUSTOMER-FOCUSED | STRATEGIC
We are looking for an innovative, dynamic, and driven leader to effectively lead our Customer Support team. As a Director of Customer Support, you will build a world-class customer support team that continues to elevate how we help our customers and enable our teams to be successful. We are looking for someone who has a passion for building strong relationships across teams and creating a positive global team environment that will scale alongside our customer base.
This individual should also have a high degree of emotional intelligence, keen decision-making skills, and propensity for solving operational issues to help with the integration of our customers and teams. This role will be instrumental in defining the strategic direction and scaling our Customer Support operations into the future.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Customer Experience team awesome...
We are dedicated to making sure our cloud gurus are successful in every single stage of their cloud-learning journey. We don’t just solve problems – we champion our customers in multiple ways. We take our jobs and customers seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Keeping it fun is such a big part of our culture. We're all working hard, but we're having fun along the way.
There is no stifling of ideas or individuality. Your ideas are very much welcomed and encouraged. - Kellie, Cookies Guru (and Senior Customer Success Manager)As a Director of Customer Support at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Define and implement strategies to improve the customer experience across all customer segments
- Develop training and structure to scale Support operations across North America and APAC
- Spearhead efforts to implement, improve and standardize key processes to ensure a consistent and reliable journey for customers across two product brands
- Analysis of operational metrics and continuously drive process improvements that will improve the customer experience
- Continue work towards migrating an existing customer base while maintaining high customer satisfaction across two product brands
- Collaborate cross-functional across departments to evolve processes on how customer feedback and issues are prioritized
We are looking for someone who can:
- Drive operational integration across two product brands while maintaining a high customer satisfaction and delivering on service level agreements
- Redefine the Customer Support playbook with consideration of the processes across two product brands
- Lead and motivate a growing Customer Support organization and establish career development plans for our teams
- Influence and lead change through process improvement techniques, operational management practices and alignment to our company values
- Drive partnership and innovation of procedures across Product and Engineering
- Prepare analysis and report the performance of team’s operations and customer trends across all product lines
- Navigate through rapid business changes and provide clarity to teams on priorities
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Skilled in developing strong teams that aligns to company mission and values
- Strategic leader with proven ability to be both a player and coach within a growing organization
- Scaling out a support organization that delivers on customer value and business objectives within SaaS environment
- Strong communicator with ability to collaborate across all functional areas of the business and influence change through process improvement
- Experienced in long term, strategic thinking and short-term process efficiency
- Strong change management skills with ability to effectively lead teams through change
- Customer centric philosophy and understanding of the challenges in providing a world-class customer experience
- Passionate about building a collaborative and learning environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Great problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Integration experience in leading teams across multiple brands
- 3-5 years of experience in leading customer facing teams
- Technical skills: Zendesk, JIRA, Confluence
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.