Director, CX Operations at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
We are looking for a rare person who can strategize and orchestrate CX processes, tools, knowledge management and analytics to achieve step-function impact for our customers, partners, people and investors.Who are you?
A premier leader who can work side by side with critical functions of Customer Success, Technical Support and Retention to develop, plan and deliver operational capabilities. You love being part of the impact that leads to customer, people and financial outcomes. You will lead teams in Knowledge Management, Customer Success processes & tools, Technical Support processes & tools, and related reporting and analytics.What's cool about this job.
- Leading scaling as we grow into a billion-dollar company from strategy to plan to result across customer experience functions
- Creating breakthrough insights via data and taking them to result
- Leading a diverse mix of people, skills and projects that grows you in multiple dimensions
- Building out analysis and reporting tools to better understand customers, predict opportunities and risk in churn and customer experience, and enhance others understanding of the business
- Formalizing customer listening through NPS and other efforts that impact how WP Engine evolves to support customers across solutions and experiences
- Being a trusted advisor and partner to functional leaders
- Maintaining strategic relationships with vendors and be a strong proponent of WP Engine within the broader community
- Retaining and growing an outstanding team by providing mentorship, guidance and career development
- Being a member of the Revenue Operations leadership team
Each day will be mix of working with partners, driving projects, supporting your team, and developing scalable solutions. It will have a blend of routine activities and strategic efforts.
- Run multiple teams who are delivering capabilities across processes, knowledge and insights that enable scaling
- Handle day-to-day operational cadence to ensure that WPEngine is responsive, knowledgeable and effective in helping our customers
- Provide an outside-in perspective on how we scale our customer and partner experience, maximize our retention, and enable our people
- Conceptualize, test, and deliver innovative new ways to do business that delights customers, partners, and staff
- Drive both quick turnaround and in-depth problem solving using data analysis, hypotheses and story telling
- Develop the capability development plan for the organization which aligns with corporate and functional objectives and key results
- Coordinate customer listening including NPS that helps WPEngine monitor, measure and impact customer outcomes and their effort
- Address operational and strategic issues as they arise
- Identify and mitigate organizational risks that would create negative impacts to customers, employees and our bottom-line
- Develop staff to increase their skills and grow over time for promotions and new opportunities
- Own major vendor relationships including Zen Desk, Gainsight, and Guru
- Proven experience in Customer Experience, Customer Success, Technical Support or Operations with 10+ years of experience
- Demonstrated ability leading and growing teams from strategy through to operational execution
- Proven track record of creating and scaling excellent customer experience
- Familiarity with leading Customer Success and Support processes and tools including Guru, Gainsight, and Zen Desk
- Analytical skills, including ability to model business processes.
- Ability to write advanced SQL queries, including experience with big data platforms like Google BigQuery
- Experience with BI visualization platforms (Looker, Tableau, etc) preferred
- Knowledge on how excellent technical support teams operate.
- Executive presence and social skills
- Strong skills with Excel and Microsoft Office required. G-Suite preferred
- Operate comfortably in a fast-growing environment
- Shows initiative, natural curiosity, natural leadership skills, independence, and a “get things done” demeanor
- Experience working with Agile or Scrum methodology required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work after hours and weekends on occasion
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong results-oriented, team builder track record with 5+ years of people management experience
Master's degree in a related field
- Consulting experience at a leading firm
- M&A Integration experience
- Familiarity with Word Press, Ecommerce Offerings, and SaaS
Perks and Benefits
Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
Paid Family Leave - 16 weeks for primary caregivers and 5 weeks for secondary caregivers fully paid
4% 401(k) Match (Make the most of retirement)
Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD, and AD&D)
Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off?)
Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.