Director, Enterprise Health Affairs at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Enterprise Clinical Strategy. In collaboration with the Chief Health and Equity Officer, other senior clinical, and members of the corporate strategy team devise and promulgate the enterprise clinical strategy. This includes:
- Establishing an annual corporate clinical strategy with quarterly revisions;
- Communicating the strategy with senior organizational leaders to drive a common understanding of the clinical governance structure and strategy across the clinical divisions and enterprise;
- Building and promoting a strong, consistent, and authoritative clinical “voice” through clear and consistent communication of key clinical points of view, both internally and externally;
- Defining and ensuring the dissemination of enterprise performance data relative to quality, healthcare and medical policy, and models of care;
- Building and disseminating an annual clinical report internally
- Other Enterprise Clinical Affairs. In direct partnership with other senior enterprise clinical leaders for health equity, quality, health care policy, and models of care, ensure the advancement of all strategic objectives. Leveraging the Sr. Clinical Associates, this includes:
- Ensuring that the Clinical Advisory Council objectives are set and achieve,
- Providing direction and support for enterprise-level clinical committees with board level connection points,
- Planning and facilitating meetings and working sessions to gather information, develop ideas and recommendations, and build alignment for execution
- Ensuring the effective management and performance of enterprise level clinical committees
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities for Senior Clinical Associates
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA, MHA, or MPH preferred
- Three (3) years of extensive strategic consulting experience including leading engagements
- Minimum of five (5) or more years of current experience in the field of clinical and/or corporate affairs, quality improvement, clinical operations, or related clinical experience in a health-related setting. Experience in consulting is highly desirable.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point required.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience leading and managing others required.
- Ability to collect, analyze and prepare data management reports and facilitate actions to address identified opportunities.
- Advanced ability to communicate verbally and in written form clearly and effectively
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the organization
- Proven ability to influence in all directions in a highly matrixed organization
- Self-starter with ability to see the big picture and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to manage multiple work streams
- Proven time management skills and the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of medical information systems, medical claims payment process, medical terminology and coding, case management practices, managed care, and Medicaid programs
- Familiarity with National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA), URAC, and JAHCO and other accreditation bodies and processes standards
- Highly capably communicator with individuals and groups (verbal, writing, and presentation)
- Ability to perform critical analysis of complex problems and propose appropriate solutions
- Advanced time management, project management, and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.