Director of Environmental Health and Safety at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Director of Environmental Health and Safety to cultivate Procore’s global environmental health and safety program that consists of 14 locations worldwide and a growing distributed workforce.
This person will lead, develop, implement, and improve EHS policies, programs and initiatives to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our employees, contractors, and visitors to our sites as well as the communities in which we operate.
This role will report to our Sr. Director, Real Estate & Facilities, and has the opportunity to be based remotely or in any of our US locations. There will be moderate global travel as needed.
What you'll do
- Provides strategic leadership of environmental, health, and safety initiatives and programs, driving performance improvement and strengthening the safety culture.
- Conduct a global environmental impact assessment and inform the development of a company stance on and plan for environmental initiatives
- Develops and executes the company’s strategic EH&S strategy globally to drive world-class EH&S performance across all sites. Provides guidance and updates to the C’ suite and Executive Leadership Team.
- Directs global EH&S department compliance programs worldwide. Identifies and implements standardized EH&S programs, best-in-class processes, and OKRs worldwide.
- Provides direction on EH&S matters to all Procore entities worldwide.
- Establishes policies and procedures to achieve goals while reducing liability.
- Keeps abreast of the changing global regulatory EH&S climate and advises on and plans for impact.
- Provides global organizational development leadership for EH&S function.
- Manages the global EH&S team, providing leadership and advancement opportunities to staff.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the department’s data management systems.
- Develop, write, and implement new EH&S policies, procedures, and guidelines.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or 15 years’ work experience preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional designation preferredIndustrial Hygiene professional
- Experience leading teams
- Global oversight experience & knowledge of EH&S regulations- local, state, and federal
- Skilled communicator, experience with public speaking/ presenting
- Industry knowledge along with OSHA, EPA, NFPA, product recall, and other regulatory standards applicable to a retail operation.
- Embraces use of technology as a facilitator and accelerator of functional and business objectives
- Ability to quickly understand and coordinate global cultures toward one direction in EHS
- Excellent organizational and project leadership and management skills.
- Skilled with Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint (or Google suite) and other technologies for use in budgeting, scheduling, and communicating and presenting information for decision-making purposes.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment, and development programs, and friends & family events.