Director of Field Operations at Orchard
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Orchard Director of Field Operations you will be responsible for moving forward strategic projects and processes that improve overall business operations. We’re looking for someone with experience in complex fast paced environments that’s ready to roll their sleeves up and make an immediate impact. Working closely with various stakeholders you will design, implement and improve upon our existing processes and internal resources. You will report to Jenna Rozenblat, Orchard’s Head of Field Operations & Market Expansion.
Please note that this is an individual contributor position. You may manage a team in the future.
- Become a subject matter expert on existing processes that drive critical business results
- Identify operational and structural opportunities to help improve existing processes and develop new processes to keep us as efficient as possible
- Ensure we are best leveraging our resources allowing our in-market teams to achieve greater scale
- Partner with business stakeholders across various functions to drive process implementation and improvement
- Own and drive time sensitive projects related to real estate operations and transactions to ensure a best in class customer experience
- Create, implement and optimize processes for new business opportunities
- Thrives in a fast paced, complex environment with evolving priorities
- Able to take on ambiguous challenges and arrive at concise conclusions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an eagerness to collaborate
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain alignment across people at various levels and functions
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs
- 5-10+ years of experience in operations, program management, supply chain management, management consulting or similar fields. Preference for experience working at a tech company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Analytics and reporting experience
- Real Estate experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to travel to spend time with local operations teams gathering insights and leading change