Director of Fulfillment Operations
We're growing rapidly here at Tecovas, and we're looking for a talented, entrepreneurial Director of Fulfillment Operations who will work across the entire organization to solve problems and execute key business processes as it relates to omni-channel fulfillment activities. Responsibilities of the Director of Fulfillment Operations will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with the COO to design and implement a plan to scale operational capacity and establish a fulfillment network footprint ahead of the accelerated growth plans of the company.
- Accountable for the management of the 3PL fulfillment relationship supporting all sales channels.
- Responsible for inventory control/inventory integrity audit activities in partnership with the Finance team.
- Ensure all established costs, quality, inventory integrity, service level and delivery commitments are met from operational partners.
- Act as Project Manager on initiatives as needed/requested. Develop project plans and scope of work. Coordinate the prioritization, development, testing and implementation for each project working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, prioritize and execute. Present a cogent summary of the options available, the associated costs and business risk with each option.
- Evaluate vendor proposals, negotiate with external partners and collaborate with internal teams to ensure that projects meet business requirements.
- Provide input to the development of the operational strategy on new and emerging products and services.
- Act as a stakeholder with the Product Development/Merchandising and Supply Chain teams on new product launch planning and execution.
- Provide leadership and support the execution for all software integration initiatives to improve operational execution for all aspects of the customer experience.
- Execute ad hoc requests that are often data intensive and require comfort with numbers to make decisions.
- Create, prepare, and edit daily, weekly, monthly operational KPI’s to drive decision making.
- Perform administrative activities associated with the effective management of operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports.
- Responsible for invoice audit and approvals on external operations vendors.
This role will report directly to the COO and work directly with her on a day-to-day basis, but duties will span cross-functionally and certain projects will be supporting other functional leaders.
The ideal Director of Fulfillment Operations has omni-channel operations leadership experience in a high volume environment. Specific desired qualifications include:
- 5-10+ years of omni-channel operations experience ideally with strong inventory management comprehension and execution of inventory best practices
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution and demonstrated academic excellence
- Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis for operations expense structures
- Strong ability to operate, lead, and manage projects efficiently and effectively across functions
- Must have the ability to diagnose, research, and resolve issues independently or as a part of a team
- A proven operations track record using a data-backed approach to answer questions and identify trends.
- Hard-wired with a continuous improvement mentality, identifying ways to increase customer satisfaction and improving efficiency as we grow.
- Experience with implementation of WMS and/or ERP software
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (structured, presentable analyses) and comfortable using PowerPoint (effective, synthesized, and well-designed communication)
- Independent, results-driven work ethic
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- Fully-paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free boots!
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western market as the first digitally-native brand. We are a rapidly-growing company (we’ve grown from under 10 to over 40 employees since 2017) and we're passionate about making and selling incredible consumer products at approachable prices. Want an early seat on a rocket ship? Shoot us an application!
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!