Director of Global Safety Operations at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big problem solvers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
The Director of Global Safety Operations will report to the Head of Safety and have primary responsibility for the implementation of Care.com’s Safety Program, which includes member screening procedures and responding to safety-related issues. The candidate will lead and develop a team of both internal and external resources supporting Care.com’s global business. The Director of Global Safety Operations must have online/internet safety experience, preferably marketplace experience.What You'll Be Working On:
- Lead and develop a team tasked with implementing both the proactive and reactive functional pillars of Care.com’s Safety Program, including incident response, investigation, issues, and adjudication of various screening and safety tool results.
- Establish scalable operational processes and procedures in line with safety policies.
- Partner with the Safety Policy team to provide operational input and thought partnership on safety policies.
- Define, track, and analyze key operating metrics and trends.
- Collaborate with the Product team to champion operational excellence, advise on safety tooling, and assist in developing safety product requirements.
- Lead day-to-day relationships with external safety tooling vendors.
- Bachelor's degree or proven experience.
- 8+ years of operations experience, including the management of a large, distributed team
- 5+ years in a safety-focused role, ideally for a consumer-facing business and preferably a tech-enabled, online service
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Expertise in content moderation tools and techniques
- Experience developing and implementing procedures relating to safety incident response, including classification and taxonomy development, on a global scale
- Consistent track record guiding peers or direct reports to tackle challenging problems.
- Ability to remain “on-call” and step in when rare critical response needs occur. This includes, at times, weekends, holidays, and non-business hours.
- Proactive communicator with outstanding written and verbal skills
- Natural “systems problem solver” with a penchant for organization and/or process improvement.
- Strength with data, able to build and analyze reports to measure progress towards goals.
- Experience scaling teams globally
- Ability to work with partners across the organization including product management, data science, engineering, legal, customer service, operations, and senior executives
- Proficient knowledge of background checks in the U.S. and internationally
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected].**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).