Director, Global Training (Professional Services) at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
As the Director, WW Training, you will be a key leader within the PS team shaping our customer and partner enablement strategy to ensure the success of our customers and our training business. You will develop, implement, and manage training roadmaps, content, and innovative programs to meet financial targets, train and (re)certify customers and partners, and collaborate with sales, marketing, and delivery organizations to grow our education business and community of MongoDB practitioners enabling them to learn and adopt the MongoDB platform quickly and easily.An ideal candidate will have
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years building and leading a customer education and multi million dollar training business P&L at an enterprise SaaS software company
- Proven project management skills to lead teams to create goals and work towards them, then measure the results
- Direct experience working with industry-leading LMS technologies
- Used instructional design models and adult learning principles to create courses, curricula and certification programs
- Strong presentation skills showing the value, capabilities, and differentiators of complex service solutions to internal and external audiences
- The ability to collaborate as a part of a larger account team to build and execute complex account strategies
- Scoped and estimated customer-facing training projects
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- General knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and associated development methodologies
- Knowledge of software architecture including both cloud and on-premise technologies
- Create a business plan and developing delivery capabilities to meet/exceed quarterly and annual quotas for worldwide training revenue
- Manage the pipeline and forecast for worldwide training bookings and revenue
- Identify, track, and report weekly on key business performance metrics to ensure consistent delivery of our services
- Define, implement, and manage enablement and (re)certification programs for customers, instructors and consultants (including partners), SIs, and ISVs to grow the global MongoDB ecosystem
- Build and lead a global training development and delivery network of direct and indirect resources capable of delivering outstanding education services to drive growth of existing markets and expansion into emerging markets, including local language support where required
- Foster strong and effective relationships with the extended MongoDB community, e.g., Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Customer Success, Technical Support, and enable them to articulate the business value of training and drive sales
- Work closely with our Sales teams to provide training recommendations for customers and partners that drive training revenue and accelerate increase the adoption of MongoDB
- Conceive, sell, and implement strategic learning programs to endear our largest, most strategic customers to MongoDB and secure renewals and drive ARR
- Planning, logistics and scheduling to optimize training coverage to meet financial targets and ensure timely delivery.
- Partner with various MongoDB teams, partners, and customers in the development of training roadmaps, learning content, and training assets to ensure excellent and engaging training
- Create processes for continuous improvement and collect feedback from our customers, partners, and stakeholders to refine education services to best meet their needs
- Serve as a champion for innovation, leveraging blended learning modalities and state of the art technologies to enhance the learner experience and drive best practices throughout global MongoDB community
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.