Director, Healthcare Technology at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Director, Healthcare Technology reports to the Senior Vice President, Technology and works closely with all technology and business leadership. The Director acts as a technology leader within the organization providing solutions that advance company objectives through systems and business process optimization. The Director and their team will leverage applications, vendors, and business processes to deliver effective solutions and drive IT operational excellence. The Director is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the end-to-end healthcare systems & landscape including data needs. The Director must be able to interface with the business functions and understand their needs and translate those needs to technical solutions to fulfill the responsibilities of this job.
- Manage execution with Project Managers to ensure that programs / projects are delivered on-time, on-budget, and intervene to resolve issues as required.
- Project leader for complex systems transformations and acquisition integrations.
- Build team to provide oversight of the clinical systems including the IT technical teams supporting them made up of analysts, software engineers, and project managers.
- Provides SME (Subject Matter Experience) on business capabilities, such as claims, member, clinical, provider, transactions, etc to provide a translation of business need into technical requirements for both growth and regulatory IT initiatives.
- Proactively identify and maximize synergies and efficiencies across business systems.
- Inspire and lead the support team including mentoring, coaching, evaluation, and professional development.
- Prepare effective business cases for systems improvements and/or alternative new systems, clearly articulating non-financial and financial benefits and costs, and influencing various stakeholders effectively.
- Effectively manage the department financials (including optimizing software licenses and consulting fees) and ongoing resource management needs.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to foster innovation by combining functional and operational knowledge to identify new ideals for current customer facing products and services.
- Build relationships and teams across organizational boundaries by effectively communicating, cooperating, and collaborating with all technology and business stakeholders.
- Manage and guide the testing of applications using appropriate methodologies and tools to improve quality, flexibility, and efficiency.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of professional IT experience
- 7+ years of professional IT management experience in a large enterprise environment
- 5+ years of experience leading teams and/or managing workloads for IT team members
- 3+ years of professional Director level experience in a large, enterprise environment
- Medicare/Medicaid experience
- Health care industry experience
- Highly prefer this person to be bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Prior experience working in a complex, large scale, matrix health system required.
- In depth knowledge of clinical operations and clinical applications at scale required.
- Prior experience implementing and transforming large scale, integrated software solutions/clinical healthcare IT infrastructure preferred.
- Demonstrated Technical Delivery Excellence (thought leadership, on time delivery, SDLC management, project, and program management)
- Proven experience performing “build vs. buy” evaluation, assessment and selection of software application solutions and required integration.
- Successful solutions implementation and management of applications, web-based portals, and web services integrated with legacy system are a strong plus, as is a strong base of experience of utilizing standardized integration tools.
- The ability to function as a hands-on "player-manager" jumping in to help as needed while not losing site of the big picture.
- Solid understanding of SDLC and experience in leading software development business initiatives. Experience with scrum and other agile development methods is a must
- Solid understanding of SOX compliancy
- Business Process Expertise – have a deep understanding of and ability to articulate best practices across core business processes; ability to integrate acquired business into existing business processes
- Exceptional management & organizational skills enabling real time prioritization, an effective intake process for the team and a strong ability for holding the team accountable to results
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.