RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy and construction industries. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The HSE & Compliance team at RigUp develop the framework and strategy for our marketplace operations to facilitate safe work outcomes for our personnel and suppliers each day.
RigUp is hiring a Director, HSE & Compliance that will be responsible for building and delivering on a cross-vertical HSE & Compliance program instilling proactive safety culture through every facet of our business, workforce, and suppliers.
You’ll lean on a large network of functional stakeholders to deliver upon your vision and excel in establishing processes and frameworks to empower that vision. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has consistently demonstrated the ability to build safety culture and policies within large and diverse organizations, with a strong focus in the Construction and Energy sectors. You’ll be comfortable delivering processes and outcomes to our senior leadership and vertical directors, ensuring collaboration of both safety and top-line business goals.
Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop a best in class HSE & Compliance ecosystem; embedding a proactive safety culture across new and existing global solutions and every facet of the business.
- Hire, manage, and lead a team of safety professionals executing on program vision.
- Understand complex regulatory requirements and associated impacts within a marketplace of suppliers (people and companies) across multiple industries.
- Develop and implement a data driven approach to measuring success within vertical HSE & Compliance initiatives.
- Drive thought leadership in local and industry communities. Help develop new regulations empowering workers everywhere to embody safety first behaviour.
- Facilitate customer and regulatory audits, always meeting above industry benchmarks.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing to build and communicate digital automated solutions that drive a meaningful increase in operational efficiencies.
What you should have:
- 12-15 years of HSE experience in industrial - blue collar trades.
- 8-10 years of HSE experience in a senior leadership role overseeing multiple business units and regional offices.
- Experience facilitating customer and regulatory compliance audits as a service provider.
- Experience conducting compliance audits of a large contracted supplier base.
- Proven ability to prioritize between multiple projects based on varying levels of importance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and making decisions with incomplete information.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a proven ability to collect, organize, analyze, and action on data.
- Experience working with IOGP, OSHA, DOT-PHMSA and BSEE programs
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description