Director IAM Operations at Ascension
What You Will Do
This Information Security Senior Manager is a direct report to the Identity and Access Management (IAM) Governance and Business Enablement Director (leadership) and will be responsible for managing and driving successful outcomes for IAM Operations
- This includes the development and management of 3-4 managers and their teams responsible for user access management, end-to-end vetting, planning, execution and closure of IAM issues
- This manager will leverage team member's deep IAM domain knowledge and compliance backgrounds during the IAM issue management life cycle to drive quality, timeliness and adherence to commitments
- Serve as an escalation point for issues with other groups as needed including Audit, Risk Management, Compliance, and Federal/State Regulators.
- Provide guidance and direction to develop and operationalize policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Deliver executive level briefings and escalations to executive leadership to convey status and obstacles that put issues at risk to IAM executive leadership and line of defense partners
- Identify opportunities to streamline and drive efficiencies in the IAM Operations
- As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and task prioritization.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred
- 5-7 plus years of hands-on experience in maintaining the IAM operational environment and leading the operational team in a healthcare environment.
- Provisioning for EMR applications such as Cerner, Epic, Meditech, Athena etc. are a plus
- Experience working with compliance team, internal and external auditors
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective teaming and knowledge sharing skills
- Good understanding of ITIL
- Strong ability to document processes, procedures and security designs clearly and accurately for distribution to internal teams and customers
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with end users including clinicians in a healthcare organization
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to learn quickly
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.