Director, Incident Response
Rapid7 is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 7,400 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com.
Do you enjoy the challenges of leading a team of incident responders into the field of battle? Are you fascinated by investigating unusual activity, tearing apart malware, and chasing attackers? Do you feel compelled to help organizations improve their abilities to effectively detect threats and drive incident response?
Rapid7 offers the opportunity to respond to active incidents, investigate historical breaches, and work with clients to improve their Incident Response (IR) programs. Our IR professionals pride themselves on their ability to think critically, adapt to constantly changing attack methodologies, and deliver top-notch IR services. Are you prepared to lead this team in taking on today’s most sophisticated attackers and to help client companies in one of their greatest times of need?
- Deliver world-class Incident Response services for Rapid7 customers
- Develop and deliver on strategies to grow the business and contribute to the success of our clients and Rapid7
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with other teams at Rapid7 to support the expansion of customer accounts, consistent and unified communications with clients, and an overall outstanding customer experience
- Contribute to special projects relating to technology, methodologies, research, and a variety of services
- Mentor and contribute to the professional growth of a world-class team of IR experts
- Run the business unit, including participating in forecasting and sales enablement efforts
- Assist in capturing and deploying knowledge of attack methodologies
- Drive research initiatives to further incident response capabilities and brand reputation through media interaction, public speaking, and blogs
- Advise clients on security best practices and attack mitigation strategies
- Provide continuous input to Rapid7 product development teams
- Actively participate within Rapid7 Community and Security Industry as advocate and advisor
- Participate in seeking out other opportunities to build appropriate partnerships to drive additional business
- 8+ years of professional services delivery and experience in Incident Response consulting and 3+ years experience leading Incident Response teams
- Experience with and knowledge of network analysis, endpoint analysis, malware analysis, and incident response
- Experience in enterprise security and how various technologies and processes work together for increasing threat detection and streamlining Incident Response
- Proven ability to build relationships with and understand the business needs of customers and deliver demonstrable value
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and partner organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related field
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel 25%