Director, IT Security
We're looking for a Director of IT Security to join our growing IT Security team. In this role, you’ll lead a high-performing group dedicated to developing and designing innovative security solutions for our internal and external customers, and enhancing Procore’s compliance and governance capabilities. The Security team manages multiple aspects of security including AWS infrastructure, cryptography, host security, security anomaly detection, and anything in-between.
As the Director of IT Security, you’ll grow our Austin team and help guide the technical direction of security here at Procore. This position is based in our Austin, TX office located at the heart of downtown and we’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Drive design and implementation of innovative distributed software services to improve our cloud service backend security infrastructure
- Manage security activities to support large-scale IT business application services
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to solve security problems with minimal disruption to other business functions
- Manage the investigation and troubleshooting of security issues to determine root cause and drive solutions
- Ensure continuous improvement of policies, procedures, and technology
- Hire, train and assess the performance of direct reports
- Coordinate with system architects and developers to provide guidance in creating and integrating secure designs
- Lead solution planning and estimating of programs and projects; manages budgets and contracts
- Manage deployments around critical scenarios of potential data loss for endpoint, network, data-at-rest, and virtual environments
- Partner with Procore’s Business Risk Leaders and end-users to evaluate and improve processes to deliver mutual, budget-conscious solutions
- Conduct project reviews, feasibility, cost benefit analysis, prioritization, initiation, execution, and closure for all project work
- Prepare and present project plans, status reports, cost/benefit studies, and recommend funding and resources
- Partner with Senior Management to define priorities, direction, and drive timelines; communicate clearly on progress, concerns, and program maturity.
- Oversee architecture and ongoing assessment of current and next-generation security technologies
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related Cyber-Security certifications and/or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in Infrastructure or Security Architecture/Engineering/Operations
- 5+ years of experience in software development and applied cryptography, preferably in large SaaS services and in an enterprise environment
- Experience managing a Corporate Security Team in a company with 1000+ employees
- Experience in public cloud architecture and operations running in multiple substrates
- Proven experience leading and motivating a team of engineers in a challenging, dynamic and global environment
- Knowledge of distributed systems and architecture
- Experience in a fast-paced, 24/7 support environment
- Experience with Python, Go, Ruby, C/C++, or Java
- Experience with deploying and maintaining Unix/Linux Internals
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Security
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.