Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at http://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a Director of Manufacturing and Operations to our team. The ideal candidate for this role will provide leadership over our supply chain and manufacturing departments. This will include implementing and improving operational policies and guidelines for the organization. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about business transformation, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will manage a team while establishing processes that enable Cesium’s rapid growth and maintain cost efficiency. Core job functions will include product production and industrialization, vendor management, configuration management, and process documentation. You will also oversee all supply chain functions including sourcing, procurement, transportation, inventory management, materials management, and supplier review. Additionally, your analytical skills will contribute strongly, as you provide deep insight into spending patterns, trends, and cost reduction potential.
The ideal candidate will work cross-functionally and collaborate across the organization.
Successful Candidate Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related field
- 10+ years of management experience
- A true builder and innovator of ideas and strategic growth strategies.
- Enjoy challenges and being a true thought leader within a growing company.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure, and cross-functional environment, where you are required to wear many hats and play lots of roles.
- Enjoy the challenge of “wearing multiple hats” and doing everything possible to make the company successful.
- You are a calming force under pressure and can bring added value to critical decisions and collaborate with all leaders to make effective decisions in a timely manner.
- You take initiative and enjoy implementing new processes and procedures.
- You have the natural ability to lead and mentor others, and enjoy creating a collaborative, inventive, and high-energy dynamic environment.
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience working in the aerospace or defense industry a plus.
- Experience wearing multiple hats at a rapidly growing startup company.
- Background in development for government/defense programs.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.