Open the door to your dream job and join #TeamMainStreet. With more than 22,000 homes in 30 markets, Main Street Renewal is one of the largest providers of single-family rental homes across the country. We understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success. That's why we hire the most talented, passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team. Here, you'll be a part of a fast-growing company dedicated to providing a best in class leasing and customer service experience to our residents.
We’re looking for someone who is well rounded in highly sophisticated real estate operations. Our team is highly collaborative and moves fast on executing efficiently. Amherst is searching for a Director, Off Market Acquisitions to join the executive team of the off-market single-family residential group. They will answer directly to the VP, Head of Off-Market. The ideal candidate is well-versed in the single-family residential market and capable of overseeing complex acquisition processes across multiple markets. They would also thrive in oversight of acquisition strategies to ensure that they are a good fit for the company strategically and financially. While offering meaningful support and guidance to innovative underwriting processes, they would manifest compelling leadership on KBI’s related to bid and concession execution procedures and off-market transaction coordination. They efficiently communicate and inspire full adoption of executive decisions with all in their oversight. They participate in oversight of all local offices managing teams of acquisition specialists, underwriters, and transaction coordinators constantly seeking efficiency while using technology and a process-based approach to profitability.
- Report to the VP, Head of Off Market and maintain diligent and forward leaning communication standards
- Oversee the off-market department’s underwriting and acquisition of single-family properties for both internal and investor portfolios
- Work with partners in acquisition management, construction, and property management to move newly acquired houses into stabilized rentals as quickly as possible
- Build repeatable processes for successfully identifying and underwriting properties in a supply chain fashion
- Constantly working with the executive off-market team to identify efficiencies to purchase a substantial number of off-market homes on a monthly basis while maintaining executive cohesion
- Assessing and analyzing property and market fundamentals for new property acquisitions, managing due diligence, underwriting, and transaction coordination and settlement.
- Performing asset-level valuations, ROI & IRR analyses for value-add & core asset acquisitions
- Creating, maintaining, and updating financial models of existing and potential new investments, and build a database for the pipeline
- Assisting in the development of analytic & quantitative tools to enhance and streamline investment processes and development models
- Stress testing investment performance through the scenario and sensitivity analysis by building forecasting models and proforma projections
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Analysis or similar field; Master’s degree preferred or equal industry expertise
- Minimum 10 years in valuing and acquiring single-family residential properties at scale
- Demonstrated experience building and leading teams, as well as how to connect capabilities with compensation, performance and promotions
- Constantly seeking new avenues for acquiring bulk, distressed or bank-owned properties
- Strong communication skills at all levels within the organization
- Data analytics-driven, and able to create & deliver reports for executive leadership and investors
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Main Street Renewal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.