Director, Merchant Strategy & Partnerships
We’re looking for a Director of Merchant Strategy & Partnerships - to lead a large team responsible for driving operational success and overall revenue for merchants in your region.
As the senior leader on the Regional Team, you will be responsible for establishing an ambitious merchant strategy for the region including business development, sales, and partner success. You will be directly responsible for the growth and success of multiple merchant accounts in numerous markets. Each city and merchant will pose its own set of unique challenges and you are held accountable for identifying strategies to win and for leading your team to success.
What you’ll do
- Lead – Manage a large team that works to strengthen our product, streamline processes, and improve the way we do things for our merchants
- Analyze – Collect and synthesize local insights and needs from a product perspective
- Manage – Responsible for hitting top line revenue goals for your region. You must be able to navigate resources to balance revenue across multiple product lines and grow new and existing accounts
- Business Development – Be the voice and full service provider of the merchant by developing and fostering deep relationships with top priority partners
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Merchant Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, Account Management, and BD teams to improve the dasher, merchant and customer experience
- Natural leader – you pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team and have 5+ years of leadership experience
- Experience growing a business – you’ve successfully managed a portfolio of businesses towards growth while increasing commission revenue
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, consistently changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 8+ years including management experience in operations / consulting / strategy / business development / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- You've built teams from the ground up and have experience directly managing a team of three or more people
- Strong analytical and execution background - ability to identify and implement growth opportunities
- An exceptional track record of driving revenue through partnerships
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.