Director - Network Engineering at Ascension (Remote)
Join a team that is transforming healthcare delivery with technology!
At Ascension, we are working hard to change the way healthcare is delivered - to be more person-centric, caregiver-friendly, insight-led and digital-first. We are doing this by bringing modern architecture, design thinking, advanced analytics and automation to healthcare. In order to achieve our vision, we are in the process of building a world class technology team in an environment that inspires innovation, creativity and bold aspirations. We are looking for proven Health Information Technology (HIT) leaders and thinkers to help build and lead an extraordinary team that has the potential to change healthcare at one of the largest mission-driven healthcare institutions in the country and set the tone for the future of the industry itself.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecurity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
The Director- Network Engineering is responsible for the strategic direction, vision, design, integration, and management of the Ascension enterprise-wide data network. This role will serve as the national network leader for the healthcare organization.
- This position will lead the Information Technology network function to ensure the growing and changing needs of the organization are met. The Director provides the leadership and direction to develop, recommend and implement programs, policies, procedures, and enterprise standards within the assigned areas of technology architecture, evaluation, and IT governance processes.
- This role will establish, communicate, enforce, and maintain the enterprise technology architecture and standards. A key component will be the establishment of productive relationships with internal and external technology partners and suppliers. Acknowledged as a leader in delivering high quality solutions.
- Acts as a partner of the Ascension Technologies leadership team and participates in the strategic planning and the attainment of goals for areas of responsibility. Develops partnership with senior management and works with other senior managers and senior users regarding strategic technology issues.
- Dynamic and accomplished healthcare leader who can work effectively in a highly matrixed and relationship-driven culture. The incumbent must be a visionary leader who knows how to effectively drive change in a complex and distributed yet system-oriented environment. The incumbent must embody Ascension Health's mission, embrace its vision and must lead through respect, humility and intellectual curiosity.
- Develop departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the technological, clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plan, organize and direct all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepare departmental budgets and ensure the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinate and direct internal/external audits.
- Direct and evaluate all departmental activities including research, design and development of new technologies, service level determination and complaint management.
- Ability to develop an environment of operational excellence to the IT environment across the organization.
- Knowledge and experience in finance; operations management; strategic planning; and budget management
- Strong demonstrated transformational and complex, matrixed leadership skills (inspiring, problem solving, communication across multiple organizations).
- Experience managing multiple complex projects involving multiple customers, competing interests and goals.
- A strong blend of management skills and technical expertise demonstrated by superior planning, decision-making, negotiation, leadership and financial management skills/knowledge, with a focus on adding value to the organization.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with all levels of employees, management and ministry leaders. An effective, creative, and visionary problem solver.
- A proven leader of people who is able to recruit, develop and mentor a top-notch team capable of supporting future growth.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred
- 5+ years managing large accounts of complex organizations, preferred - having worked in healthcare, for a technology development and/or services company.
- 7+ years leading technology delivery for a complex organization or business unit.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.