Director of NOC at FloSports
FloSports is seeking a Director of NOC to lead our 24/7 technical network operations team. Our NOC team is critical in providing an exceptional customer experience as they are focused on providing the reliable and stable operation of all our live feeds. This position will provide day to day guidance to the NOC team while also working to improve system uptime through process improvements, training, change and incident management, and network automation. Significant commitment during weekends is required (proportional time off during the week will be given to compensate for time spent during weekends). This position is based in Austin, Texas.
- Develop processes and procedures to create department efficiencies and drive automation in an effort to reduce manual intervention
- Provide troubleshooting guidance when issues are escalated
- Provide crisis team leadership
- Communicate service interruptions and other major issues to applicable stakeholders, which may include the executive team and our partners
- Cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment and possess the ability to respond calmly and rationally in a deadline-driven situation.
- Oversee and report on day-to-day 24/7 NOC operations, alerts, escalations, ticketing, and communications, managing to performance KPIs and service levels
- Manage and lead a 24x7 NOC operations team to include scheduling, hiring, coaching, counseling, performance management and creating development plans
- Assign and manage the workload of shift personnel, as well as escalate resource constraints to management
- Work closely with customer service, business transformation, planning, and production to provide the highest quality and most reliable service possible, to our subscribers.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in TCP/IP networking, Mac OS X, RTMP, HLS, Linux server configuration, and other technologies as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience managing a 24/7 technical environment responsible for monitoring, preventing and responding to service issues is a must
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Expertise in networking terminology and concepts. Video and broadcast experience are a huge bonus!
- Strong customer service skills and superb communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Solid understanding of NOC operations and industry best practices
WHO WE ARE:
FloSports is an innovative digital sports media company dedicated to unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans deserve! We are committed to growing the sport through the events, the athletes and the fans by providing each unique community with a platform to connect to the sports they love. We stream more than 10,000 of live events per year, spanning from youth to professional competitions, produce original video programming and studio shows, and provide authentic content and coverage across more than 20 sports like wrestling, grappling, cheer, gymnastics, rugby, track & field, cycling, marching, bowling and so much more!
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you? Apply Today!
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment