ABOUT THIS POSITION
As the Director of Operations on the Learning Experience team, you will drive the operational processes that support the production, acquisition, and maintenance of effective, efficient, playful, and engaging online courses for the Learning Experience team. In this role, you will manage, mentor, and support the cross-functional operation team, which facilitates the creation and upkeep of educational media across a range of verticals and brands. You’ll ensure we’re matching our processes to our products, and making or maintaining courses regularly, proactively, and efficiently.
We’re looking for a proven leader with strong people and operational skills to support our growth path and strategic vision.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started, and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE TEAM
Our Learning Experience team is a welcoming, fun, and driven group of instructional designers, writers, video producers, and graphic designers with a shared mission: we make high-stakes, regulated education approachable and engaging, and we care obsessively about our results. In close collaboration with the product team, we strive to create effective, user-centric online courses that move beyond digital substitution. We learn fast, pivot quickly, and create products to drive the best outcomes for the largest number of students. We live by our Aceable core values, and are a positive, humble, and supportive team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a cross-functional operations group as we monitor, expand, maintain, and upgrade a catalog of 1,300+ hours of state-specific, regulated online courses
- Help us scale our business into new verticals
- Play a critical strategic and operational role as we grow our catalog both organically and through acquisition
- Mentor and develop your team both individually and collectively, unlocking potential through detailed and thoughtful conceptual, stylistic, and analytical feedback
- Empower the team to quickly scale to meet the objectives of our three year strategic plan
- Develop optimized workflows and processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Own the tooling and systems budget
- Model a growth mindset and productive change management practices
- Partner with the Instructional Technologist and product teams to improve our internal systems
- Partner closely with the VP of Learning Experience, UI/UX, product, and the instructional technologist to provide alignment and thought leadership on strategies to grow, upgrade, and maintain our competitive advantage
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of success managing a team in an operational capacity
- Ability to analyze production workflows and processes, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Outstanding analytical skills
- A generous attitude toward collaboration
- Strong organization skills
- Exceptional management and communication skills
- The ability to adapt quickly while managing multiple priorities
- Attention to detail and the ability to forecast challenges and positively and proactively work to address them
- Passion for learning, tackling new challenges and achieving outsized results
- Experience balancing priorities and demands
- Experience in a high-growth online business
- Experience working in B2C digital products, especially gaming, education or media
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Experience working across a range of verticals, and entering new verticals
- Experience managing technical workflows at scale
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2021
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.