This is a remote position and we're accepting applications from anywhere in the U.S. We also have an optional office in Austin you can use if you live here or come visit.
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the home-buying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell — in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
The Operations Strategy team at Homeward is responsible for identifying and solving Homeward’s most challenging questions at the intersection of three core businesses. We tackle the hard questions, guide planning and decision-making, and drive initiatives to optimize funnel conversion and agent/customer satisfaction across core segments of the product experience.
As a Director of Operations Strategy, you will be the owner of outcomes across a core segment of the Homeward product experience tasked with integrating people and product to drive ongoing optimizations. Working with executives and leaders across functions such as Product, Engineering, Operations, Capital Markets and Legal, you will use a structured approach to identify key issues, drive alignment across diverse groups, and ensure our resources are focused on the right problems in the right way. You’ll define the resource needs and strategies to capitalize on the opportunities of today and tomorrow.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.Responsibilities will include:
- Lead top-level company OKRs, as well as the tracking and resolution of the highest priority challenges, opportunities, KPIs and special projects within core segments of the product experience
- Ensure the senior leadership team understands and remains focused on the highest priority opportunities related to conversion, customer experience & revenue optimization
- Drive high-impact transformation/optimization at the intersection of 3 businesses as both an IC and leader of a team of high-performance business operators
- Partner with functional management to ensure ops strategy resources are allocated to the most critical, high ROI change management initiatives
- Equip business leaders with data, context and goals that ladder up to the metrics that matter
- Leverage data to collect actionable insights; generate novel analyses that educate business decisions, drive KPI execution (i.e. productivity, cycle time, quality) and support increasingly efficient scale
- 5+ years of professional experience; strong preference for experience in strategy or operational leadership roles in a high-growth company
- Deep experience partnering directly with an executive leadership team to guide strategic decision-making in a highly ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Strong quantitative skills, and are comfortable leading complex data projects
- Strong bias-to-action, practicality and effectiveness
- Highly adaptable, with the ability to thrive in ambiguous environments that at times lack direction and/or frequently change
- You have previous experience with some of the following areas: funnel optimization, consumer research, product development, organizational design, product R&D, and/or consumer finance
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Tangible experience building something from the ground up
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.