Director Portfolio Excellence at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
Passionate about consistently partnering with others to drive prioritized alignment of critical initiatives? Savvy sherpa? Natural program management pro and coach? Does seeing teams of people get excited about their initiatives and how they drive the business forward fill your bucket? Do you like working with collaborative and caring people in a DEI savvy, global environment? Then this opportunity is knocking.What's cool about this job.
We are a growing Executive PMO that is actively evolving our org across all disciplines (Agile / Lean principles, Portfolio & Program Management, and community source coaching to name a few). The person in this role will have the opportunity to be part of creating and driving this transformation. Sharing your deep program / project management knowledge and experience will have a visible impact every day! Teams across the company are excited that we are investing in Program management and are eager to learn and grow. WP Engine has a great company culture focused on truly caring about our customers' success and supporting each other as we evolve together.The day to day.
- Manage portfolio alignment of major initiatives, programs, and operations with the strategic objectives and priorities across the business.
- Establishes and maintains enterprise-wide portfolio operations including: steering committee support, surface program & project management standards, build COE operations including communications and portfolio management tools.
- Perform continuous analysis and monitoring of portfolio components to identify issues, risks, and opportunities. Maintains portfolio budgeting in partnership with FP&A partners, and key results metrics.
- Create and facilitate communication cascades to multiple audiences about the overarching portfolio as well as individual program goals and progress by developing dashboards etc.
- Owns relationships with staffing agencies and manages talent resources for elastic, program manager placements on initiatives approved by the steering committee.
- Provide leadership and direction to program managers for cross-functional, high-impact initiatives and provide strategic guidance, communication and ongoing monitoring of the strategic portfolio.
- Mindful of company-wide business cadence & operations to ensure smooth day-to-day operations and effective execution of high-level strategic priorities.
- Regularly engages executives and key partners to create and maintain the portfolio of strategic programs and support execution and implementation of corporate strategy via portfolio of programs.
- Builds strong communication and change networks to create a strong customer orientation across the PMO.
- Provides ongoing program management coaching and mentoring, identifying training needs and recommending corresponding training plans. Identifies areas for organizational agility.
- Bachelor's (required) or Master's (preferred) degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or significant work experience in a related field
- 5 years or more of experience in IT and business/industry
- 3+ years of leadership responsibilities. Proven experience in leading diverse teams
- Strong leadership skills to develop and communicate program and project missions and encourage and empower project and program managers
- Strong aptitude for systemic and cross-functional listening, thinking and communication cascades
- A distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills
- Demonstrate Operations and Technology Leadership Behaviors (one team, build trust, customer driven, future focused, innovate daily, and be curious) in all actions and ways of working, and mentor their organization on the behaviors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business leaders and business concepts to the PMO staff
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Fertility Benefits (IVF/Fertility drug coverage)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Family and Caregiver’s Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- One-time $500 Home Office Stipend
- Company Wellness Days
- Wellness Program
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. #LI-SM1