As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Director of Privacy & Trust that will be responsible for building, classifying, and governing data, policies, third parties, and people. This role is critical to the success of the business and requires strong collaboration, deep understanding of security and privacy frameworks, and strong risk acumen. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who pays close attention to detail with the ability to socialize risks and outcomes in a clear and consistent manner. Experience with GDPR, PCI, CCPA, and data classification at scale are paramount to building a highly efficient Privacy and Trust team.
Why Join us? Our Privacy & Trust team at Workrise is helping to build a modern and scalable platform for the future of the skilled labor workforce. You will own all the security focused policy and classification functions within the security organization. Working with key stakeholders across the business will enable you to drive a security council to assess, prioritize, and address risks related to technology, business functions or units, and data usage. Governing policies, interpreting data, and ensuring the business can execute at speed are core functions of this role.What you’ll be doing:
- Partnering and collaborating with all business units to roll out, refactor, and govern policy.
- Automating the risk management process.
- Driving information collection as it relates to privacy within a vendor management process.
- Working with multiple data sources both internal and external to validate authentication, authorization, and audit events.
- Familiarity with building custom risk and remediation workflows, or GRC industry tooling such as CyberGRX, Onetrust, Security Scorecard, and Bitsight.
- Working with Legal to ensure proper interpretation of both security and privacy frameworks.
- Audit and govern controls and procedures to ensure compliance with modern security and privacy standards.
- Working with first and third parties systems, subsidiaries, and vendors to ensure compliance.
- Building a top notch team that includes trust, data, and privacy officers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of building security and privacy controls and procedures.
- Experience with diverse businesses with multiple acquisitions.
- Experience leveraging policy and procedure to add clarity to complex risks.
- 2+ years working as a Privacy or Trust leader.
- 2+ years experience leveraging risk modeling, tooling, and reporting.
- 2+ years experience running a security committee or council to articulate risk across the business.
- Experience or exposure to modern software development practices.
- Experience with common security methodologies, terminology, and culture.
- Experience building a security focused culture and mindset.
- 2+ years experience educating users, operators, and administrators on security best practices.
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!