Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
In this role, you will leverage your passion for continuous transformation through process improvement and cultural change by taking our Professional Services team to the next level to increase customer satisfaction. You will also work with internal teams to create proposals, develop pricing structures, and ultimately achieve profitability and sales goals within target markets.What you’ll do when you get here:
- Serve as the leader of the Implementation, Technical Implementation, and Technical Support functions, effectively growing the team and serving as a trusted and thoughtful leader
- Be present in day-to-day activities and have the foresight to see around corners, anticipating the needs of Implementation, Technical Implementation, and Technical Support in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Ensure effective execution of key performance indicators by Implementation, Technical Implementation, and Technical Support, while demonstrating a systems thinking approach and collaborating closely with Product, Engineering, Customer Success, Sales, and other teams
- Understand and own the value proposition constantly looking for ways to advance it with new features.
- Support the overall GTM strategy from lead to closeout. Maintain relationships within accounts in order to facilitate ongoing lead development cycle.
- Manage customer requirements and expectations and ensure customer engagement success.
- Effectively problem-solve to address Implementation and Technical Support challenges
- Own PS financial and operational metrics, including services bookings, revenue, utilization, time to value and adoption
- Engage as a champion or our key accounts and most strategic engagements
- You are confident building and supporting a team, coaching and mentoring
- 10+ years of experience in professional services sales or account management.
- Must have experience managing medium to large business clients.
- Has previously scaled a services organization, owning key PS metrics and financial accountability
- A relationship-oriented, self-motivated mindset to take a customer through the sales cycle and have a peripheral, creative approach to solution sets.
- Excellent negotiation and technical presentation skills, with the ability to see the whole picture though a systems-forward mindset.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills including in-depth experience dealing with internal and external C Suite leaders.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggling priorities, and exhibiting judgement to seek the best solutions
- Expertise in project management methodologies
- Great leadership and people skills: authentic, warm, positive, connects well with people, friendly, empathic, shows tact and poise under pressure when dealing with difficult interpersonal situations
What is Preferred:
- Technical understanding of transportation/logistics space
- History of success implementing Transportation Management Systems for shippers
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc