Director, Retail Pharmacy Operations at Bright Health
- The Director, Retail Pharmacy Operations job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Provide oversight of medication management and pharmacy operations for all NeueHealth Medical Group pharmacie
- Ensure that the pharmacy provides exemplary customer service while meeting all federal and state legal, and certification requirements
- Develop strategic plans for the Pharmacy service lines, and annual plans and goals that align with the strategic plans with support from local medical group and NeueHealth leaders
- Develop and oversee annual Pharmacy operations budgets
- Identify and build business plans for additional Pharmacy service line offerings that contribute to patient satisfaction, alignment with NeueHealth goals and total cost of care reduction
- Routinely assess the cost of goods that NeueHealth pharmacies receive and actively ensure that the cost of goods is at or below the community benchmarks; this will include factoring in discounts available to NeueHealth
- Provide guidance, influence and feedback to the local medical group leaders on the performance of the local Pharmacy management teams
- Be a continuous learner and maintain a curiosity about how Pharmacy experience and total cost of care can be routinely improved
- Meet or exceed any ongoing CME requirements and routinely share any best practices updates with local Pharmacy leadership teams
- Routinely offer suggestions for how to improve patient engagement and medication adherence in support of improved patient care
- Ensure that local Pharmacy teams support optimal medication adherence and performance on all Pharmacy related quality measures
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures that promote cost-effective, appropriate, and safe medication use
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
- Ensure maintenance of an adequate medication supply including integrity of the medication supply and procedures for procurement of medications
- Develop and provide KPIs and reports to local and NeueHealth leaders to improve the performance of the service line
- Ensure compliance with NeueHealth policies and procedures that apply to pharmacy services
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position does have supervisory responsibilities for Registered Pharmacist and Certified Pharmacy Technicians working in NeueHealth owned and operated Pharmacies.
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Pharmacy Degree or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)(Preferred)
- Registered Pharmacist in “good standing” and/or eligible for licensure in the state of Florida required.
- Seven (7) years of prior management experience required, preferably management of a chain of Pharmacies.
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Evidence of continuous learning in Pharmacy management and operations
- Evidence of significant contributions to the performance improvement of the Pharmacies in prior organizations.
- Personable, compassionate, resilient
- Strong budget skills
- Must thrive in collaborative, team environments
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Thrives helping people
- Curious and a continuous learner
- Strong operational mindset and ability to get things done
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- An active and unrestricted pharmacy license in the state of Florida is required.