Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will Be Like:
Reporting to the Head of Safety, the Director, Safety Strategy will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of the strategies, tactics, and priorities of the Care.com Safety Program across business lines and geographies. The candidate will work with a cross-functional team focused on the safety of the Care.com platform and its members. Responsibilities will include drafting policies, evaluating technical and non-technical solutions to address and prevent various safety concerns, analyzing data to inform the Safety Program, and leading special strategic projects related to safety. The ideal candidate will have experience with comprehensive safety programs for on-demand and other online marketplace services that connect individuals in the physical space, as well as experience implementing safety programs at scale across a global business.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Work with cross-functional partners, including representatives from Operations, Legal, Product, and other key stakeholders, to implement the vision and strategic priorities of the Care.com Safety Program.
- Research new and innovative safety initiatives, technologies, and solutions, and design evaluation frameworks
- Drive the harmonization and alignment of the Safety Program across business lines and geographies.
- Monitor and analyze key operating metrics of the safety program
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- BS in Business or a Legal Degree
- 5+ years of experience in a safety-focused role, ideally for a consumer-facing business and preferably a tech-enabled, online service
- Sound business judgment and excellent quantitative skills
- Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures related to safety, including global policies that span geographic borders
- Proven track record of proactively identifying risks and proposing creative solutions
- Ability to understand, evaluate, and differentiate a range of technical solutions to safety concerns
- Experience working closely with internal stakeholders across the organization including product management, engineering, legal, customer service, operations, and senior executives
- Proficient knowledge of background checks, identity verification solutions, fraud detection solutions, etc. in the U.S. and internationally
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).